Communications lead, Digital Transformation
Digital Transformation will be at the forefront of the UK firm over the coming years as we enter an era of unprecedented technology development and disruption. Our vision for KPMG in the digital age is that:
- Clients know us for being innovative, tech-enabled and outcomes focused;
- We are dramatically more pro-active in bringing new insights to our clients;
- We leverage technology to drive significant improvements in profitability;
- Technology enables us to bring the best of KPMG every time;
- We all feel equipped to engage with clients on their technology agenda.
Working as a key part of the digital transformation team, the role holder will be the primary point of contact for all communications relating to the programme, and also the wider Solutions & Digital team. The communications lead will be responsible for developing and implementing the firm wide communications plan targeting all partners and staff. The communications lead will also be required to work alongside their global counterparts as we move into a global programme ensuring alignment of messaging and support the Functions in communicating what they are doing to an external audience.
The role will work directly with senior business stakeholders at market, functional and global level to understand the business requirements and translate these into a comprehensive communications strategy.
The Digital Transformation Communications Lead is a strategic role reporting to the Communications & Marketing Workstream Sponsor.
Primary responsibilities, include:
- Development, execution and pro-active management of the Digital Transformation and Solutions & Digital internal communications strategy and plan both at UK firm and coordinating with global and the major countries to ensure consistency of messaging;
- Development and execution of the external communications strategy working closely with the Functional leaders within the business to prepare specific responses as required to the market;
- Act as a consolidation point to bring together all of the thought leadership being generated around Digital Transformation working with functional teams if it is specific points of view, but taking the lead on generic/ cross functional points of view to present a cohesive external communications strategy to the market;
- Support the Head of Innovation in his participation in external speaking events, working with government on AI and developing thought leadership pieces to take to market;
- Work with the broader firm Communications and PR team to develop a plan to raise the profile of the work KPMG are doing in Digital Transformation within the external press and media;
- Support the programme leadership where required in their efforts to socialise the programme to the global network;
- Liaise with central Communications and PR to manage timings around Digital Transformation comms to maximise reach and impact;
- Ad-hoc marketing and communications support as required
The Person - Skills and Behaviours
- Senior Manager or high performing Manager looking for the next career step
- Broad experience developing strategic communications content, guidance and materials in support of multi-channel communications programmes
- Proven project and programme management skills and ability to drive multiple priorities in parallel under significant pressure in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Experience of working in client facing roles, managing workstreams and building strong client relationships
- Excellent written English and strong Word and Powerpoint skills
- Proactive and resourceful, comfortable with ambiguity and happy to work with a changing brief, and tailor solutions to different stakeholder needs at short notice
- Self-starter who does not require day to day management of tasks and responsibilities
- Strong inter-personal skills and able to interact with senior stakeholders, project team members, colleagues, etc.
- An understanding of digital technologies would be useful, though not essential
- Demonstrable leadership and responsibility for an important, high-profile programme
- Flexibility to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Maturity to consult and confidence to take appropriate action to deliver a challenging programme
- Strong team player who is supportive of colleagues and stakeholders
- Role model for KPMG values
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77546186