Installation Supervisor (Electrical)
Installation Supervisor (Traffic Signals)
Traffic Systems, CCTV, Lighting, ANPR Cameras & Crossing Furniture
Excellent Salary + Car + Bonus + Overtime + Excellent benefits package including Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme and Full and Comprehensive Manufacturers based Product Training
Covering Surrey, Berkshire & North Hampshire
** An excellent opportunity for an experienced Electrical Service Engineer with some supervisory or management experience from any electrical equipment sector to join a global market leader in traffic systems technology, offering full product training and excellent career progression **
The Company – Installation Supervisor, Traffic Systems
My client is a leader in a wide range of technologies, and is part of a world leading technology group with representation in over one hundred countries worldwide and an enviable product portfolio which incorporates domestic, commercial, industrial, medical and corporate sectors. Their business is built upon substantial investment in ‘start of the art’ manufacturing facilities, innovative product development, the recruitment of good people and a long-term commitment to Research and Development.
The Role – Installation Supervisor, Traffic Systems
In this interesting role, you will supervise all new installation works and modification works to existing traffic signal sites, including electrical testing and pre-commissioning activities. You will be responsible for organising and scheduling of installation activities, and first line management responsibility for Installation employees.
Full responsibilities include:
- Installation of traffic signal assets (including the installation and wiring of controllers) and ancillary equipment unsupervised or as part of a team
- Complete electrical tests and pre-commissioning activities
- Liaising with customers and other contractors that may be on site
- Ensuring works are completed in accordance with the site specification, in a timely manner and to a sufficient quality level
- Responsible for ensuring site inductions are undertaken
- Key contact for customer for queries relating to the activity on site
- Review performance information related to employees and respond accordingly
- Monitor absence for team, conducting return to work conversations. Escalate when triggers are reached
- Ensure stock is booked accurately and available for installation activities
- Responsible for organising activity of the installation team and sub-contractors on site
- Successful completion of mandatory NHSS training requirements
- Undertake appropriate training with the addition of new equipment and systems as and when necessary, via formal and informal training, including on the job training.
- In accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, all employees have a duty to comply with all Health and Safety Procedures and to be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimising them wherever possible.
- Monitor and promote health and safety reporting processes within the team
- Any other duties reasonably requested within the skills required for the role
Your Background – Installation Supervisor, Traffic Systems
Applicants of interest should have the following experience:
HNC / ONC/ City and Guilds or equivalent experience in electrical engineering or similar is ideal
IOSH qualification would also be ideal but a knowledge of site based HSE requirements is needed
- Installation, testing and maintenance of electrical equipment in an industrial or commercial environment would be an ideal but not essential
- IT - familiarity with Microsoft packages
- Outlook - co-operative, helpful, willing to use initiative and conscientious.
- Flexibility - willing to change, move from one activity or work area to another, learn new activities, pick up new jobs confidently and easily.
- Effectiveness - drive and energy applied to work, accuracy and reliability, ability to get things right first time.
- Teamwork - work towards the team's goals, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team and contribute to a high standard of team morale.
- Leadership – able to guide, mentor and direct staff on site
- Organisation – able to manage a number of complex tasks, staff and organise materials, employees and sub-contractors
- Must hold full UK Driving License
- Leading and supervising teams
- Experience of managing Sub-contractors on site
- Working outside and working at heights
- Working as part of a team and working unsupervised
The Benefits – Installation Supervisor, Traffic Systems
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world-class engineering organisation. You will be joining a national team of engineers who take great pride in their work and who aim to build upon long-term relationships with customers. You will be continually challenged as you are exposed to new technologies. You will receive constant support and guidance from senior management and your technical knowledge will be furthered through training courses. For those with the desire there are opportunities to progress your career into more technical specialist roles.
This vacancy is being advertised by TRS Consulting (UK) Limited. The services advertised by TRS Consulting (UK) Limited are those of an employment agency and / or employment business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77549019