Customer Quality Engineer
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Customer Quality Engineer to join our team based in St Neots. In return, we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus statutory entitlement, generous pension scheme and Childcare vouchers.
We are a knowledge-based company focused on packaging solutions that help our customers achieve their sustainability goals in the face of today’s biggest social and environmental challenges. We generated $4.2 billion in sales in 2016 and have approximately 14,000 employees who serve customers in 117 countries.
The Customer Quality Engineer will report to the European Customer Quality Manager and will be the main quality contact with customers for Food Care and Shrink-Packaging products. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a successful and passionate team to aid in the success of the company.
The Customer Quality Engineer’s duties will involve:
- Studies and manages customer requests or claims on our products, coordinates different functions (Sales, application group and any technical expert) to understand the customer issue and describe it clearly.
- Leads the claim management process ensuring clear problem statement is given to the manufacturing plants to enable Root Cause Analysis and that answer is then provided timely back to the customer as process completion.
- Ensures the correct replacement of claimed goods and manages the customer relationship linked to quality claims.
- Works closely with the Sales team in order to identify key customers, and establishes a proactive quality approach with them ensuring their satisfaction.
- Owns all relevant actions to gain knowledge about Customers’ daily operation and overall expectations in order to drive our quality improvement process.
- Interacts with all functions within supply chain at a European level to improve our processes and bring new ideas to create value for us and for our customers.
- Travel to customers throughout the UK and Ireland up to 80% of the time
- Travel (monthly) to manufacturing sites in Europe
The successful Customer Quality Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in quality including problem statement, problem solving, analytics and statistics, quality standards ISO, BRC
- Experience in manufacturing or customer facing role within the food industry
- Skilled engineer or experienced technician (equivalent to Master of Science).
- Experience in food processors/retail quality or production, and/or packaging processes is preferable
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a multicultural and matrix environment
- Customer sensitive and focused
- Possess an owner mentality and acts wisely based on demonstrated facts
- A knowledge and understanding of food legislation would be preferable
- Experience of working with SAP
The hours of work are 36.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 08:45-17:00. Flexibility is required to travel when required.
Please apply online to be considered for the Customer Quality Engineer role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77546783