We are delighted to be recruiting for a Test Engineer for our client based in Blyth. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the fastest growing manufacturing groups in the UK and a market leader in their field.
Day to day functional testing on Warden call, Door entry, Nursecall, At Home Alarm and other equipment within the manufacturing facility. Evaluate and where possible repair returned equipment. The role is key to ensuring production targets are met to agreed time, cost and quality requirements.
- Testing of complex electronic equipment.
- Diagnosis of product failures down to component level in a timely fashion.
- Review test procedures and instructions before starting testing processes.
- Work with Supervisor to plan and coordinate test activities.
- Understand and interpret drawings, schematics, technical manuals and instructions.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentations for system testing.
- Recommend process improvements to enhance testing efficiency.
- Technical support to other departments.
- Evaluation of Technical problems in order to develop proposals for investigations and corrective actions, including process improvements.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards to ensure a clean and safe workplace.
- Processing component approvals and coordinating with the relevant departments.
- Solving routine daily problems.
- Ensuring all test times are being performed efficiently.
- Ensuring all repairs are conducted efficiently and within specified time frames.
- Ensure planned KPI's of efficiency and performance are met or exceeded.
- Identifying equipment required to maintain and improve performance.
- Identifying if a test procedure is required or can be improved.
- Follow company policies and ensure that Health & Safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Abide by the Legrand Core Values and Code of Ethics and strive to meet and exceed the Group's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) commitments.
Applicants must have:
- HNC/HND (Electronic Engineering) Level of Qualifications or equivalent, plus substantial level of experience in Digital and Analogue Electronics Manufacture and Test.
- The ability to read circuit diagrams and fault find down to component level.
- A good understanding of measurement and test principles and equipment.
- Good Planning and Organising skills.
- Good communication skills; the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Well organised and able to prioritise and multi task.
- Self-motivated and capable of dealing with fast moving and varied events which are demanding.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Computer literate with a minimum basic Word and intermediate Excel skills, specifically, spreadsheet capability.
If you feel that you have the correct skills and would like to apply for this role you can apply for this position directly through this advertisement or for further information on this vacancy please email
HRGO are an equal opportunities employer and employment agency. HRGO are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77529889