Incident And Communications Manager
Are you a caring, committed and compassion person with a keen eye for detail?
Do you have in depth knowledge of incident management and enjoy training and advising others?
How would you like to work for an award winning care provider in an interesting and rewarding new role?
Then we need to talk - We are looking for an Incident and Communications Manager to join our family. This role will be split across both our Milton Keynes and Peterborough sites. The working hours will be Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm.
We are looking for a talented individual like you who can join our mission to provide the top specialist care this industry has to offer.
Our vision is to be consistently recognised for compassion, commitment and care, enabling the delivery of high quality resident- centred healthcare, which is innovative, enabling, equitable, efficient, effective and, where possible, prevention and health promotion focused.
- Provide continued support and training to sites on the management of incidents and the incident management system
- Resolve technical queries and make changes to system configuration in order to ensure on-going operation
- Act as an advisor regarding risk systems, providing support, advice and guidance at all levels
- Ensure that a high standard of data quality is maintained by all users
- Ensure that all areas have the required level of access to the incident management systems
- Provide training to users, providing them with an appropriate level of knowledge for their needs
- Monitor the use of the incident management system to ensure compliance
- Provide guidance, advice and support to sites regarding the initial submission, administration and subsequent escalation of incidents and investigation of incident reports
Incident and Communications Manager | Communications Manager | Management | Health and Safety | Incident Management | Risk Systems | Staff Development | Training | Advising | Coaching | Healthcare
- Previous experience in a Health & Safety or incident management role
- Experience of using incident management systems
- Experience of training and coaching others
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good IT skills
About Our Company:
We are an award winning independent provider, we are also an award winning employer. We are looking for professional nurses who take pride in the care they deliver, are forward thinking, caring, committed and compassionate, and above all resident focused. Our residents are at the heart of everything we do. Dignity, independence and holistic wellbeing are achieved through specialist care models, in-house therapies and activities.
Rewards & Benefits In return for your hard work and dedication we can offer you not just a competitive salary, but also a range of excellent benefits including;
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Retail Discounts
- Subsidised Meals
- Free Parking
- Childcare Vouchers
- 'Recommend a Friend' scheme of up to £1000 per referral
- Free Uniforms
As a business committed to investing in our people we also provide a comprehensive learning environment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77533708