Senior Java Developer
Senior Java Developer
Bristol - City Centre
Great perks, benefits and ultra life focused work environment
About the company:
ForgeRock® isn?t your typical high tech company and aren?t looking for typical people. We believe in and foster a flexible and collaborative work environment. We?ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do start up values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it?s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to services, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you are using.
ForgeRock, the innovative global open source Identity vendor headquartered in San Francisco, CA, is currently hiring for a Senior Java Developer to join our team! If you have a strong software engineering background and want an opportunity to be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company, you will love working in our ultra casual, life focused environment where we put the emphasis on providing the tools, benefits, and perks in place that allow you to focus on your work while maintaining balance to your life.
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Lead, design and develop large-scale, robust, and cutting-edge Java based identity management products
- Work closely with product management and architects to improve the products and develop new features
- Lead key areas of product development
- Provide mentoring and coaching to engineering team
- Managing tasks independently and efficiently to timescales/ plans
- Collaborate closely with support and sustaining teams to help them resolve customer issues
If you have some of the below then we want to hear from you!
- 8+ years of experience designing and developing large scale applications using Java
- Expert knowledge of Java
- Expert grounding in modern software engineering practices and design patterns
- Familiarity with RESTful web services
- Familiarity with Identity and Access Management
- Highly experienced in the design and implementation of modern web applications
- Experienced with database technologies, performance, and distributed systems
- Solid understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet
- Possess the desire to learn and curiosity to understand how and why things work
- Good understanding of and experience in Agile methodologies within a fast paced software development environment
- Demonstrate strong collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills
- Comfortable working autonomously and within distributed global teams
- Degree level qualification in Computer Science/Engineering or related subject
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We?ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do start up values that got us here. We continue to hire talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because we have an in interest in their success. Below are just a few benefits we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals to work with
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events like lunches, happy hours, group off-site and hack-days
- Well-stocked kitchens whether you?re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Company-wide winter & spring social events
- We?re Mac friendly!
- Amazing offices across the globe ? San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX, London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
If you are interested in the role please click the "apply now" button.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959485766