Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for an experience Maintenance Engineer to join our client's dynamic and productive team. The role holder will assist in the inspection, maintenance and repair of forklifts.
- Perform preventative maintenance routines and condition monitoring on Combi's.
- Liaise closely with the Workshop Supervisor and operations staff in all aspects to ensure efficient, effective and planned reactive maintenance at all times.
- Make safety inspections of tools and equipment.
- Diagnose faults and repair machines.
- Anticipate machine failures and make such changes or recommendations to prevent re-occurrence and to minimise downtime.
- Work to improve reliability and productivity of equipment.
- Complete written records of all maintenance activities.
- Carry out maintenance tasks diligently and in good time using appropriate methodology.
- Good mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical skills along with PLC, inverter, instrumentation and control experience.
- Knowledge of various mechanical drive arrangements, including simplex, duplex, chain, belt, gearboxes and transmission equipment.
- Experience of heavy forklifts, side loaders and multidirectional forklifts.
- Cover breakdowns on Lorries.
- Make sure that work sheets are given on handover of shift.
- Protection and maintenance of stock and stock levels. Including the raising of purchase requests as and when required.
- Checking goods delivered to the workshop are correct according to the delivery tickets and reporting any non-compliances.
- Scheduling, planning and distribution of work.
- Supervising of combi maintenance technicians.
- To comply with all current health and safety and environmental legislation together with company policies and procedures.
- The segregation and correct storage of all hazardous waste including overseeing collections and associated paperwork.
- Maintaining a tidy and safe workshop.
The Successful Candidate:
- You must have experience working in a fast moving operational environment, working under pressure and using your own initiative whilst also being an integral part of an effective team.
- Basic numeracy, literacy and computer skills are required, along with good written and verbal communications.
- You must hold a valid UK driving license and have experience in a heavy industrial environment.
- A forklift and MEWP licence would be desirable but this is not essential.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://freshrecruits.co.uk/equal-opportunities/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77536427