Temporary Legal Secretary - Civil Litigation
We're seeking an experienced Legal Secretary ideally with Civil Litigation experience for an ongoing temporary assignment with our Inverness based legal client.
Due to increased workloads an experienced Legal Secretary is required to join their busy Civil litigation team and provide full secretarial support and administrative duties, including drafting documents, completing applications, photo-copying and dealing with clients.
Candidates must have a current Basic Disclosure Scotland or be willing to apply for one.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Produce high quality copy and audio typing for solicitors' letters, reports, court documents and forms
- Perform administrative and secretarial elements of file management: tasks in relation to file opening, legal aid application, using legal aid online, and file closure including preparation of legal aid accounts.
- Action incoming telephone calls from new callers, outside solicitors, agencies and existing clients:
- Updating and maintaining databases, case management and record systems etc.
- Action telephone calls on behalf of solicitors in their absence, recording and passing on messages as appropriate
- Diary management, scanning, faxing, sorting and prioritising of post etc.
- Receive visitors and refer clients to solicitors
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience of Civil Litigation and/or Civil Court Procedure
- Fast, accurate audio typing speeds of 60wpm+
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal sympathetically but assertively with members of the public, particularly when requesting information from them
- Experience of accessing and updating databases (preferably Microsoft Access) and/or case management systems
- Ability to work accurately, meeting short and often competing deadlines
- Minimum of SCE Standard or Ordinary Grades in English & Math's
- Some cash handling/minor book keeping experience, and monthly billing procedures.
37 hours per week (9am - 5pm)
For further information and/or to apply for this role please forward your CV to Damian Anderson at Brightwork
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77537279