IBP Recruitment Ltd are looking for a Payroll technician to join an established accounting firm in the West.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Prioritise time effectively in order to manage own client payroll allocation.
- Full client liaison in order to process payroll accurately and efficiently.
- Accurately input payroll amendments into the payroll system, produce the output reports and payslips, and check the data before sending to the client.
- Ensure accurate calculation of PAYE, NI deductions, statutory absence payments and year end returns.
- Ensure clients are making monthly payments of PAYE to the Collector of Taxes and monitor the receipt of PAYE cheques.
- Using the payroll bureau system to hold and process client payroll information and year end details/reports and Use office software (outlook, word, excel, etc).
- Build proactive two-way relationships with clients.
- Respond to ad-hoc payroll queries.
- Interact with other team members and give assistance with processing.
- Help other team members with payroll queries.
- Take telephone calls in the absence of others and deal with any issues that arise
- Participate in team meetings
- Apply internal quality procedures when processing payrolls (checklists are used for this purpose)?
- On an on-going basis check the payroll to confirm it complies with deadline and legislative requirements?
- Maintain tidiness of own area and report any health and safety issues should they arise?
- Identify any health and safety risks in he department?
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- At least 3 years payroll experience
- Customer orientated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organisation skills
- Able to provide clear explanations to clients
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Deadline driven
- Good communication skills, both written & verbal
- Confident & outgoing
- Willing to learn and undertake NVQ in Payroll
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959489769