With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
Our Assistant Merchandisers are at the heart of our business and we see them as our future Merchandisers! We have fantastic opportunities across the business to join our growing team. Working with your Merchandiser, you will be assisting with the trading of your department, ultimately maximising profit and minimising markdowns.
Key duties will include:-
- Setting up accurate delivery schedules
- Highlighting delivery discrepancies, proposing necessary actions to take
- Organising line requirements and gains approval from Merchandiser to phase intake
- Adapting and updating distribution plans to reflect current performance.
- Working with the Merchandiser to integrate previous season experience and lessons learnt into department strategy
- Liaising with Assistant Buyer and Buying Team to gain information about key trends, shapes, colour, looks etc
- Working with Merchandiser in constructing the optimum range for the target market by balancing price architecture, fashion/risk profile and category, supplier profiles, colour, size and mixes throughout the chain
- Managing day to day problems/issues that arise in the absence of the Merchandiser
- Analysing and collating data to provide support to the team in decision making
- Constantly monitoring and reviewing store performance in order to potentialise profit
- Managing and developing allocation team, overseeing and delegating their workload
- Ad hoc projects
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- Currently at Assistant Merchandiser level or a Senior MAA/ Senior Allocator within a high volume fast paced fashion environment
- Strong commercial awareness with an interest in fashion and retail
- Highly numerate and analytical with an emphasis on attention to detail
- Passion to develop a long-term career within Merchandising
- A methodical/logical approach to work and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team
- Experience in managing and developing junior members of the team
- Love the brand as much as we do!
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77517859