Technologist Dresses Maternity Cover
Missguided is not only one of the fastest growing online ladies fashion retailers, but one of the fastest growing companies in the UK.
We have just moved into new, state of the art premises as we look to increase our turnover to GBP 1bn in the next 5 years and we are looking for people who have the drive and ambition to help us achieve this goal to join our team at this exciting time.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to work with our current team to help Missguided develop and expand further.? Our ideal candidate is someone who can add innovative ideas, experience, energy and enthusiasm into the mix.? The successful candidate will need to enjoy and thrive from working in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Interpretation of market information & quality benchmarking, contribute to product improvements for the MG.
- Communicating technical information to colleagues and provide technical advice as required.?
- Work closely with the Quality team & Ethical & Safety Manager to set, and regularly review product in line with technical, legal, safety requirements to ensure that product is ?fit for purpose?.
- Ensure product meets UK / EU International Legislation where applicable and relevant.?
- Deliver on time clear & concise product specifications that define technical, legal, safety & manufacturing requirements to ensure that product is ?fit for purpose? and exceeds customer expectations.
- Review samples against original product specification and set clear manufacturing, fabrication, fit, packaging requirements to enable product pre-production and sealing.
- Facilitate and lead fitting sessions.
- Manage the critical path.
- Manage in season issues using returns data and VOC information provided by the Quality team.
- Support ecomm team & studio as required to ensure sufficient information to deliver photographs that accurately represent the specified product.
- Work closely with suppliers & UK hub to facilitate & expedite sealing, to drive product consistency. ?
- Support Buying teams in review of Gold seals as appropriate.
- Support Quality function as required in setting appropriate standards for product quality, inspection and rectification.
- Deputise for Tech Manager or other members of department as required exercising agreed levels of authority. Act as mentor, provide training as necessary to support other colleagues and junior team members.
What Skills, Experience and Qualifications will you need:
- Previous experience as an Evening Dresses garment technologist within fast fashion.
- An understanding of fabrics, fabric construction & fit.
- Experience working with suppliers.
- Able to build strong relationships with internal & external colleagues.
- Confident & proactive approach to their work.
- Able to work under pressure and at pace.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi task.
What We Will Give You:
- A competitive salary
- Pension (that we contribute to as well!)
- 25 days? holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Bonus (subject to company and personal performance)
- Staff discount
- Salary Sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare vouchers
- Death in service benefits
- Brand new, state of the art, fun working environment. Spacious desk areas, caf?, kitchen areas and quiet spaces where you can plug in and work in peace
- Regular team and company wide social events and parties
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77544058