Principal Project Manager
Our client is currently looking for a Principal Project Manager to come and join the team based in Stockport. You will join on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of up to £60,000 per annum.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. They have spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
Our client has also built a collaborative and creative culture where they employ agile development techniques to deliver their pace-setting, industry-leading applications. These are deployed on a variety of platforms including Cloud, company-hosted and client’s own premises. Their system solutions are diverse covering the business needs of brokers, insurers, aggregators, telematics system providers, etc., and employ a wide range of leading technologies. To complement this, the company have a number of professionally qualified project management teams, each headed by a Principal Project Manager, who are responsible for the successful delivery of company systems clients.
About the Principal Project Manager role
Our client is seeking an experienced Principal Project Manager with a proven track record in driving projects through to successful completion to join the other Principal Project Managers in managing the overall PM function. The role will require you to provide project and programme governance across the company. You will collaborate with senior management both within the company and at clients to maintain company enviable track record in successful project and programme delivery. You will also manage a team of circa five Project Managers of varying seniority and be responsible for their performance and personal development.
Reporting to the Head of Professional Services, your role will require you to collaborate with your peers in Professional Services and Project Managers at every level, as well as PMO function. You will be responsible for the capacity planning, resourcing, recruitment and joint management of the overall PM function. Within your specific domain, you will be responsible for all aspects of delivery, from inception to go-live, of all projects/programmes being managed by your line reports and self. You will have full ownership and accountability including planning, RAID management, financial governance, Project Board reporting, etc.
Our client will aid you in your learning by supporting you through your role as Principal Project Manager. You will participate in specialist learning programmes in project management and commercial knowledge all of which will aid in your development and offer you continuous learning.
Excellent leadership, communication and people management skills are vital, along with a positive ‘can do’ approach to achieve company objectives. If you are the kind of person who is always ready to grasp new challenges, take ownership and provide quality-assured project delivery, our client would like to hear from you.
What they’re looking for in their Principal Project Manager
- Programme / project management and commercial knowledge gained through formal project delivery.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner-qualified or equivalent.
- Extensive work experience, mostly in IT with significant experience in a software delivery senior project management role.
- Line management experience.
- Insurance industry experience desirable.
- Experience of communicating and negotiating with clients, line management and development staff to a senior level.
- Proven project and programme management skills (methodologies, processes and fluent use of tools such as Microsoft Project)
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a relevant subject
What you can be offered as a Principal Project Manager
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours
- Shuttle bus to and from the local railway station
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start with growing to 30 with an additional day’s leave for every year of the first five served
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Award nominated learning programmes
- Community projects
- Opportunities for career progression
Come and join our client as the new Principal Project Manager and click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77540938