Deputy Nursery Manager and Nursery Nurse
Deputy Nursery Manager and Nursery Practitioner - Salisbury
We are recruiting for a Deputy Manager with aspirations to become a Nursery Manager and Nursery Practitioner to join our clients' Nursery School which has been awarded 'Outstanding' by OFSTED, for children between the ages of 0-8 years old. They are situated in the idyllic village of Netherhampton, only one mile away from the centre of Salisbury.
They are open 5 days a week for 48 weeks of the year and takes children from 0-5 years old and up to 8 years old during the holiday club, catering for a wide range of children living either in the surrounding villages and countryside or in Salisbury.
Job Role: Deputy Manager (with aspirations to become Manager)
Hours: Full Time (All year round)
Salary: £9.50 - £11.50 per hour (Dependant on experience and qualifications, this will be discussed in an interview)
Job Description: To nurture the team and role model exceptional practice in all areas of Learning and Management. You must be confident and be able to lead the staff alongside the Manager and be a positive influence on the team.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining high standards of care and education throughout the setting
- Leading and Managing the staff team providing day to day guidance, training and support to all staff
- Ensuring all policies and procedures and curriculums are implemented and adhered to
- To manage all day to day operations of the nursery in the absence of the manager
- Ensure all paperwork and legislations are kept up to date meeting OFSTED requirements
- Assist the Manager with administrative duties such as monitoring petty cash, budgets, collection of fees, banking and recording fees
You will need:
- Minimum Level 3 Childcare qualification
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
- Knowledge of Ofsted standards and inspection framework
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Previous senior experience in a nursery setting
Job Role: Nursery Practitioner
Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours available
Salary: £7.80 - £9.00 per hour (Dependant on experience and qualifications, this will be discussed in an interview)
- To be responsible for the development of children in the Early Years age range.
- To provide interesting learning opportunities following the EYFS.
- Monitor and assess children's progress ensuring correct records are maintained.
- Ensure the expected high standards of child care are upheld at all times.
- Demonstrate your commitment to safeguarding the children.
What you need:
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Experience of working within a nursery setting.
- Minimum Level 3 NVQ Childcare.
- Some understanding of the importance of Health and Safety and Food Hygiene.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
A&C Recruitment Ltd currently specialise in searching and resourcing within the Child care sector. The business was set up to help our clients avoid high recruitment fees and instead charge affordable one off payments to undertake the necessary advertising and candidate searches.
We have a team of experienced account managers, who oversee the day to day running of a client's account, by sending them updates on potential candidates that have been sourced through our recruitment team's searches, or applications to adverts we post online.
If you would like to know more, or are applying for a job through us. Please do not hesitate to contact A&C Recruitment and quote AC1566
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77547377