Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
Can you picture yourself as a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer?
Are you ready to take a key role owning the delivery of ?brilliant? solutions for commercially successful products?
We are one of the UK?s most exciting technology businesses at the forefront of the robotics revolution and we are hiring a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer.
Since 2011 we have grown 30% per year, and so are looking for a talented Engineer who shares our passion for technology and innovation to join the team and grow it with us. We have a great ?can do? culture, with our people being given real responsibility early on in their career. They tell us that this is a great place to work.
We work in an enviable location with a great quality of life. Our head office is just north of Newcastle and we also have offices in Durham and Cambridge which means that we have the flexibility to hire those who want to live elsewhere too.
What you?ll do:
You?ll be leading and owning the delivery of ?brilliant? solutions for commercially successful products interpreting customer requirements relating to mechanical systems within a product.
You?ll be diligent, yet creative with a product and process focus.
You?ll thrive when working collaboratively with our Solutions Architecture, Pilot Manufacturing and Project Management teams.
And? you?ll have the opportunity to communicate and present design ideas and solutions to customers, support the Pilot Manufacturing team and introduce products you have designed taking them into serial production.
We?d love you to have:
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with Autodesk suite of products, e.g. Inventor, is a preference
- Knowledge of / experience with mathematical modelling packages e.g. ANSYS
- Practical experience of leading the design and development of complete mechanical products and components
- Experience in leading the design and development of medium (10 off) to high (100 off) volume products
- Experience of operating in a diverse range of industries/sectors
In return you?ll get:
The chance to join a growing business and be a contributing factor to its success.
The thrill of designing cutting edge and unique products and the satisfaction of delivering them to new customers.
The opportunity to see your designs move into production.
Professional development to enhance your people management skills.
We also offer an environment of continuous learning, achievement and progression because we believe that you should never stop learning and growing.
Great employee benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company and employee contribution pension scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes including Bike to Work and Childcare vouchers
- Introduce a Colleague scheme (and get up to £1000!)
- Subsidised staff social events
- Early finish on a Friday
- 25 days holiday per year & you?ll never have to work on your birthday
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959487981