Industrial Automation - Support Engineer
We are looking for a skilled PLC or SCADA engineer to join our Technical Support team based in Manchester. Siemens provides class leading support to some of the biggest and most demanding automation installations in GB&I and this is a great opportunity to work in a friendly team environment providing support on our world class range of Totally Integrated Automation products.
Although primarily an internal role based at our Manchester office, occasional site visits and overseas training may be required.
What are my responsibilities?
- First level telephone and email support for Great Britain and Ireland customers.
- Second level problem investigation and resolution.
- Co-ordination of escalated cases to Headquarters.
- Taking an accurate brief from the customer regarding their technical problem and diagnosing the fault within a specified time frame.
- Using questioning techniques to identify the problem and to be able to identify when issues need escalating.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Applicants should be qualified to NVQ / HND / HNC / Degree level in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or a relevant Automation discipline, ideally with experience in the application of SCADA systems.
- Previous experience in the application, programming and support of the Siemens range of PLCs and HMI systems would be advantageous but is not essential as full product training will be provided.
- As this position involves considerable liaison with customers at all levels excellent interpersonal skills, in particular communication skills, are essential.
- Candidates should also enjoy working as part of a team and the ability to work under pressure is essential.
- A good understanding of IT concepts including Security, Databases and Operating Systems is desirable.
- Candidates must also be IT literate.
Closing date for applications: 1st December 2017
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UK's major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last year's revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
If you are appointed in to this role you will receive standard Siemens terms, conditions and benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959490355