Backend Developer, Software Engineer, Data Engineer, Scala, Java, AWS
- Working within an Agile scrum team; 2 week sprints, running sprint demos for stakeholders and daily stand-ups
- Building a RESTful API to power their website
- Back end stack is delivered from microservices running JVM languages including Scala and Java 8
- Supporting by a business analyst, tech lead and a product manager
- Occasionally working with customers on site (university and researchers)
- Excellent team skills
- Versatile and eager to learn new things
- Unit testing, integration testing, code reviews and constant communication to ensure the best outcome and quality
- Build services that are progressively improved over time
- Extensive JVM experience
- Experience building solely RESTful applications
- Event oriented experience using queues like SQS, JMS or Kafka.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services.
- Knowledge of Jenkins or similar build and continuous integration services.
- Strong importance place on user experience, and experience with techniques such as user testing
- Importance places on performance, clean code, test driven development, pair programming, experimentation, continuous delivery and continuous improvement.
- Worked in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Committed to the bigger picture of large software ecosystems; you are constantly thinking about the future when building new applications and features.
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo when necessary, and at the same time respect the opinions presented by your team.
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! Please see our website for terms and conditions.Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position. Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77521259