Large Loss Claims Handler
Large Loss Claims Handler / Solicitor
- Times Top100 Best Company to work for 2016
- Gold accredited "Investor in People"
- 'Head Office' working environment, superb environment and office culture
- Not just a competitive salary, a great range of benefits are available such as Flexible Working, Support for professional Qualifications, Generous Holiday Entitlement (plus you can buy/sell holidays) and a competitive Pension Scheme
An expanding insurer client is seeking an experienced career focussed Senior Claims handler or Solicitor to handle a portfolio of high-value complex and catastrophic motor injury claims. With ambitious growth plans, this is an opportunity for claims professional to advance their career working to deliver compensation to injured claimants quickly, fairly and at the right level.
The Large Loss Handler / Solicitor's responsibilities will be:
- To handle a portfolio of motor claims with values from £75,000 and above.
- To be a senior point of referral within the Personal Injury team and provide advice, training and guidance, as appropriate.
- To liaise with claims partners and panel solicitors to ensure claims are progressed in a timely manner and costs are controlled at all times.
- Ensure that you and the business comply with internal and external regulatory requirements.
The minimum requirements for the Large Loss Handler / Solicitor role are:
Prior experience of handling high value and catastrophic injury claims with values exceeding £250,000 including sound technical knowledge of calculating future losses. Such experience could have been at an insurer, TPA or law firm setting.
Strong technical motor insurance claims knowledge around RTA Claims, MIB agreements and insurance contracts.
Strong business awareness and focus.
Strong organisation, interpersonal and communication skills.
Energetic and adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment and can manage multi - complex projects with frequent change.
About the Firm
Well established, led by talented people - for talented professionals. This employer is an independent, privately owned insurer, committed to providing their customers with an individually tailored service. The customer is not just a number but a client that has sought them out. Well established and underpinned by strong financial foundations.
Notice to Candidates
Please note that we will always respond to applications from those meeting the requirements of the role and we try very hard to be specific in all of our adverts and use pre-screen questions to try and help you understand if a vacancy is right for you. Due to the volume of applications, we receive each week we cannot respond to applications from candidates who don't have the necessary skills and experience required by our client. Instead of applying, why not send us your CV via the website or connect with us on social media and we will do our very best to assist you.