Digital Content - AV Technician
To control, coordinate & maintain the content on all digital displays & signage throughout the client site, ensuring it is engaging, informative and accurate at all times.
To use the digital displays to enhance the visitor experience at the venue for all members & guests by ensuring that all digital signage, marketing screens & exhibits have maximum impact possible. To work closely with teams to promote their work, future events & success's through the venue.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To build, schedule & load content for all displays screens into the IPTV Mediastar and Signage Live system to ensure uninterrupted operation of the digital display network & screens.
- To continually monitor the content broadcasted on the display screens to ensure it meets the expected functionality.
- To review & remove content that is no longer accurate or appropriate using the CMS and any other feeding sources.
- Make last minute amendments & changes as required by the senior venue management team at short notice.
- Create a pipeline of content, loading content as it is available for future dates.
- Develop a good understanding of the client's websites to ensure that all future activities are captured and promoted via the digital displays.
- Design and amend content from other departments throughout the client to use within the venue.
- Understand & adherer to brand standards at all times. To promote the availability of digital displays at the client site and to other departments to enable them to include them in their marketing/promotion plans.
- Ensure that there is adequate cover for all absence to maintain the displays impact & accuracy.
- Liaise with the venue AV, operations & sales & events teams to schedule displays for clients in line with their specific requirements.
- Pro-actively work with clients to collect logo's, check pantone when colour washes are required and ensure all details required are programmed in a timely manner
- Liaise with events team, communities & sector teams to understand key future events & work with them on an appropriate content plan.
- Work with the events marketing teams on messages & focus for campaigns and work on content plans.
- Work closely with the clients TV to share their content and create interesting visual messages.
- Create clear handover notes for any actions required by other team members outside of working hours
- Assist the AV Team on a daily basis with room set ups and changeovers
- Assist venue sales team with client show rounds.
- Ensure branding tariff is updated and competitive with industry pricing schedules
- Train sales and AV staff to ensure revenue is maximized
- Ensure sales team have invoices the correct tariffs as quoted to the client.
- Assist various teams as requested with projects relating to digital signage , branding , networks , exhibition rooms
- To undertake any other duties and projects at the request of the line manager.
- To comply with data protection legislation and act responsibly on matters of data disclosure both internally and to third parties;
- To ensure that all the client events, meet the relevant statutory Health & Safely legislation.
- To be familiar with the Health and Safety and Fire policies for the organisation and to attend mandatory updates where required.
- To be a Fire Warden
This job description is intended as a general guide to the scope of the post and may change in line with the needs of the service or at the request of the line manager.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels
- Experience of producing effective content across digital channels to include feeds from ; web cams , RSS, video ,logos, widgets ,
- Knowledge of digital signage software , design and media production ie Photoshop, Adobe Premier , After Effects, Illustrator in-design
- Design formats , templates , screen picture"'pixels formats , playlists
- IPTV systems and Smart TVs
- Project and content management skills
- Ability to plan, prioritise & work to deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft word, excel and powerpoint
- Knowledge of computer networking and streaming with a focus on audio/visual.
- Strong understanding of new media visual technologies and presentation best practices (LED, screen resolution, troubleshooting)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77521215