Installation Supervisor - Berkshire
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Installation Supervisor to join our Field Services division within our Intelligent Traffic Systems business. Based in our Surrey office, this role will be responsible for our Berkshire Installation operation undertaking all new installation work and modification work to existing highways infrastructure including electrical testing and pre-commissioning activities. You will also be responsible for organising and scheduling installation activities as well as supervising an installation team.
What are my responsibilities?
- Installation of traffic signal assets (including the installation and wiring of controllers), ancillary equipment and/ or highways systems unsupervised or as part of a team
- Complete electrical tests and pre-commissioning activities
- Liaising with customers and other contractors that may be on site
- Ensuring works are completed in accordance with the site specification, in a timely manner and to a sufficient quality level
- Responsible for ensuring site inductions are undertaken
- Key contact for customer for queries relating to the activity on site
- Review performance information related to employees and respond accordingly
- Monitor absence for team, conducting return to work conversations. Escalate when triggers are reached
- Ensure stock is booked accurately and available for installation activities
- Responsible for organising activity of the installation team and sub-contractors on site
- Successful completion of mandatory NHSS training requirements
- Undertake appropriate training with the addition of new equipment and systems as and when necessary, via formal and informal training, including on the job training.
- In accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, all employees have a duty to comply with all Health and Safety Procedures and to be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimising them wherever possible.
- Monitor and promote health and safety reporting processes within the team
- Any other duties reasonably requested within the skills required for the role
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- IT - familiarity with Microsoft packages
- HNC / ONC/ City and Guilds or equivalent experience in electrical engineering or similar
- Outlook - co-operative, helpful, willing to use initiative and conscientious.
- Flexibility - willing to change, move from one activity or work area to another, learn new activities, pick up new jobs confidently and easily.
- Effectiveness - drive and energy applied to work, accuracy and reliability, ability to get things right first time.
- Teamwork - work towards the team's goals, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team and contribute to a high standard of team morale.
- Leadership - able to guide, mentor and direct staff on site
- Organisation - able to manage a number of complex tasks, staff and organise materials, employees and sub-contractors
- Must hold full UK Driving License
- Working on traffic signal equipment
- Leading and supervising teams
- Experience of managing Sub-contractors on site
- Desirable; Working outside, Working at heights, IOSH qualification
- Working as part of a team and working unsupervised
- Installation and testing of electrical equipment in an industrial environment
- Maintaining electrical equipment in an industrial environment
- Leading a team and responsible for health and safety site management
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UK's major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last year's revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959490362