Senior IT Technician
Our client provides luxury high quality bathroom and plumbing products across the globe. Their products can be found in some of the most iconic hotels and buildings in the world.
They are currently looking for a Senior IT Technician with a broad range of skills and experience to supervise across their entire IT department. Candidates must have a good level of experience in the following to be considered for the role.
- Cable patching, management & support for server’s and infrastructure MDF panels.
- Cloud based: backup solution management and backup/recovery plan: Crashplan, Veritas, document management: GScan, email-signature solution management: Crossware, CodeTwo, helpdesk management: ManageEngine, Spiceworks, mobile device management solution: Miradore MDM and security endpoint solution management: Symantec endpoint protection, Azure security center.
- Managing: Azure ADConnect sync with Azure Cloud Active directory, cloud and remote based PBX system: BT Cloud Phone, BT Cloud Voice, Avaya IP telephone and cloud based & on-premises wireless solution management: Cisco Meraki, Motorola, domains registration, renewal and support process with Domains registrars and network file sharing and replication solution (DFS).
- On-premises CCTV system solution and branch offices CCTV systems, firewall and NetFlow analyzer for traffic & bandwidth management. Identify bottlenecks and ensure pain-points isolation or recovery from network for smooth operations and PBX calls logging software such as Dialguard.
- Manage terminal and user sessions servers: Azure RD Gateway
- ManVPN connectivity for UK office with branch offices using Cisco site-to-site & Azure VPN connectivity.
- Manage and support handheld barcode scanners as required for company warehouses management system and desktop barcode scanners as required for company showroom POS points.
- On-premises & cloud based VM management: Azure workspace, Hyper-V and backup solution management: Symantec BackupExec, SQL backups administration.
- PowerShell / VBS scripting for reporting and automation.
- SharePoint site administration and management for company Office 365 tenant.
- Strong experience in Exchange Online, Security & Compliance, Azure AD, Skype for Business
- Strong experience in Microsoft core Infrastructure technologies: Windows Server 2012 R2/Windows Server 2016, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, Active Directory, Domain Trusts, DNS, DHCP, IIS, Firewall, ADSI
- Upgrade on-premises server’s hardware for HP ProLiant DL & ML series servers.
- User day-to-day troubleshooting – Printers, scanners, software installation, system preparation, Audio Visual (AV) support / set up, Windows 8/10, Mac OS & iOS, Network essentials (TCP/IP), Outlook, PST management, AD Permissions, RDP sessions, Security certificates, Innoplus.
- Working close with Microsoft and Azure technical support to troubleshoot, capture-logs for workstation and servers, resolve and document the server related incidents.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent working experience.
- 5-year minimum experience in related role offered for this position.
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Sound knowledge of systems security and risk management.
- Microsoft / Cisco Certifications.
- Sound knowledge of the business and general IT principles, including operational awareness.
- Experience with Mobile devices and phones (iPad, iPod, iPhone).
- HTML coding knowledge.
- Familiarity with SQL.
Suitable skills and experience: IT Supervisor, IT Manager, IT Service Manager
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77504205