Project Engineer - Test
Project Test Engineer for design of Test Equipment and Test Rigs - Dorset - Good package
Our client is a global leader in aerospace and defence systems and this role is based within air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems. You will work as part of a newly formed team of engineers working with development and test engineers propose design solutions of test support equipment, including procurement, test, verification, logistics support and subsequent maintenance and calibration.
The test equipment may include simple mechanical, structural fixtures, hydraulic, pneumatic and fuel systems, power and instrumentation test cables, as well as more complex fuel, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, motor drive systems, braking systems, control systems and data acquisition systems.
Responsibilities and Experience
As a Project Test Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Capture test rig requirements and turn into test rigs with a complete documentation pack.
· Carry out basic mechanical and electrical analysis to confirm design margins and component selection.
· Confirm requirements, produce specifications, support cost models
· Support general assembly, detailed drawings and Bill of Materials ensuring that they are to an acceptable standard to enable manufacturing.
· Commissioning Engineers
· Carry out any test / compliance activities to prove that test equipment meets its requirements
· Ensure amendment of existing test rigs is kept under control using a change management system applicable to test equipment.
· Responsible for collating and producing Technical Construction Files for all test rigs
· Provide support to the Test Equipment and Facilities Engineering Manager on the development of an efficient test equipment development processes and procedures (including process improvement and continuous development).
- Competitive base salary
- Excellent benefits package
- Matched contribution pension
- 3x Salary Life Assurance
- Access to all employee bonus plan
If you would like an opportunity to work as a Project Test Engineer in a state of the art facility based on the outskirts of the New Forest and within easy reach of Poole and Bournemouth please apply now.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77542217