About the Company:
My client, A private bank based within the City Of London who are seeking a Credit Analyst to join their growing team.
About the Role:
- To analyse the financial accounts and audited reports including (Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Accounts and Cash Flow analysis) for inclusion in Credit Application for submission to Credit Committee and subsequent submission to Board of Directors (where appropriate).
- Preparation of credit application for lending proposals for all predominantly corporate and any Sovereign loans
- The role will require that the incumbent will be able to explain and give insight, to ensure that these applications are analysed in a balance and impartial manner to enable Management to be reached a reasoned decision, in line with the Banks Credit risk appetite
- A primary responsibility for the role is that the jobholder should be prepared to make a recommendation as to the strength of the application, and whether they would support the application as presented, or what risk mitigant’s should be sought.
- This work will also include the preparation of new business proposals, including those referred by other departments /Branches within the Bank from initiation to conclusion and will necessitate the need to be able to work with relevant teams to be able to do so.
- Annual reviews of existing facilities, including amendments and periodic reviews of all loan facilities outstanding in Bank’s books.
- Preparation of Country Reports and Market Sector information, and analysis for Credit Committee, Management and Board of Directors.
- The ability to analyse a Financial Institution (FI) would be useful but not essential.
- Preparing analysis and applications for Trade Finance related facilities/lines as and when directed.
- Ensuring commitments are correctly recorded in the appropriate section of the books of the Bank.
- Continuous monitoring and maintenance of all credit/ loan facility files and filing within Credit Department including correspondence with related parties.
- Monitor outstanding exposure and related elements to our aggregate lending exposure on a continuing basis.
- To participate in discussions with clients/prospective clients, agent banks (syndicated lending), lawyers, all aspects of lending proposals, amendments and reviews. Assisting in obtaining, checking and completion of loan documentation including collateral aspects if appropriate.
- Alert Management to negative developments and trends for clients and relative industries and countries.
- Deputising for the Credit Manager at Credit Committee, and/or various Board delegated Committees (as and when required). This includes minute taking, and close liaison with other departments/ personnel within the bank to meet tight deadlines.
- Assist with loan administration and credit administration including calculations and diary maintenance of the Bank’s loan portfolio when necessary.
- Ability to take on special projects as and when directed.
- Excellent communication skills
- IT Literate
- Knowledge of Compliance and Regulatory issues
- Banking experience
- Farsi Language skills preferred but not essential