Early Years Practioner
To provide high quality care and education for under 5's by:
• Help the team ensure all children are well cared for
• To make sure the children are engaged in activities
• Learn to make observations
• Showing the children how to clean up and take activities from the shelves
• Taking the children outside
• Helping with lunch time
Personal Qualities :
• Demonstrates a high level of honesty and integrity.
• To listen and ask questions.
• A warm, caring and patient nature.
• Be committed to diversity and equality.
Skills Required :
You must be enthusiastic, enjoy working with children and be able to work well in a team.
Future Prospects :
We aim to make our apprentice a key person straight away. From there they can progress to more senior roles such as a room leader and a deputy.
Training to be Provided :
• Level 2 Apprenticeship in Children and Young Peoples workforce
• Functional Skills in English
• Functional Skills in Maths
• Functional Skills in ICT
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
• Certificate in Paediatric First Aid
Other Information :
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour from April 2017. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Things to consider :
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77517367