Opportunity to join a global market leader within their field working within a busy manufacturing environment supporting production activities in a new position that is required due to the company going through a very busy period on site. The Test Technician will maintain test equipment on site and attend to any issues/breakdowns relating to it while also analysing production rejects to identify the issue. You will also support engineering projects onsite relating to improvement of equipment, installation of new test equipment and have involvement with New Product Introduction (NPI) processes.
The role will involve working initially a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern (2x days 6am-6pm, 2x nights 6pm-6am, 4 days off) for a period of time through a busy period then reverting back to a 3 shift pattern of days (6am-2pm), afternoons (2pm-10pm) and nights (10pm-6am) with the night shift starting on a Sunday night rather than a Monday.
As the Test Technician, your duties will include:
- Attending to and resolving breakdowns with production and engineering test equipment
- Performing Test Development tasks in support of the Test Engineering department
- Performing reject analysis and produce technical reports to aid continuous improvement
- Participating in failure analysis and problem solving activities.
To be a successful Test Technician, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- An engineering related qualification ideally within the field of electronics / electrical engineering (HNC, HND, etc.)
- Experience of maintaining test equipment
- The ability to read schematic drawings, wiring diagrams and product assembly drawings
In return, the Test Technician will receive a salary of £25,500 - £30,500 (including shift allowance - dependent on experience) + pension, healthcare, etc.
PLEASE NOTE - The salary banding to start will be £28,000 - £33,500 (including shift allowance - dependent on experience) while you would be working the 4 on 4 off shift pattern changing to the figures above when the shift pattern reverts back to the 3 shift pattern.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please click on the apply button.
NOTE you will need to speak with a consultant BEFORE we can progress your application. By applying for this position, you consent to Sigma Recruitment Ltd contacting you regarding job opportunities and storing a copy of your CV on our database.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77529229