Project Manager - Engineering
Project Manager - Engineering
Project Manager: A major Defence Electronics company are looking to secure the services of a Project Manager at their site in Loudwater to deliver projects, bids and PV funded development to time and budget and manage multiple projects ranging in size up to £20m
Project Manager Key Responsibilities:
* To assume total responsibility for the management and delivery of assigned projects with full accountability for project performance.
* To have total and complete understanding of project and contractual requirements.
* Lead and co-ordinate bids from concept to contract award, working through the direction of business development. Work on and prepare the required proposals, cost books in line with the bid allowable timescales.
* Define, communicate, execute & monitor the project and prioritise specific to individual contracts and project, in line with agreed contractual and delivery requirements, with appropriate work packages, key milestones and budgets for each stage of work package.
* Develop, execute and maintain project plans and statements of work (SOW's), detailing task descriptions, deliverables, project schedules through liaising with specialist areas across a matrix organisation in-line with company processes, procedures and standards.
* Develop and lead project teams; providing leadership, direction and control, through effective work package management. Provide support, mentoring and coaching as required to ensure success delivery of assigned programme/projects.
* Risks, issues and opportunity management, ensuring logs/registers are established and maintained through the life of the assigned project with high level of accuracy.
* Effective Stakeholder Management including interface and the management of external customers.
* Identify and pursue follow-on business opportunities, working closely with business development team.
* Develop project performance dashboard, continually assess current performance, identify root causes, and actively drive programme/project and cross functional improvements through the life cycle of the assign project.
* Manage, report status and performance of the assigned project in line with management reporting cycle.
* Ensure project data is maintained to a high level of accuracy (forward load, project plans, risk registers and financial data) within the various company's business data systems.
* To hold, chair and /or present at various forums (such as project meetings, progress and contract reviews). Ensure that all communications to stakeholders, verbal and written are clear, concise and unambiguous.
* Where appropriate, development and training of own staff, recruitment and appraisal.
Project Manager Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Degree level in relevant management discipline or engineering with at least 5 years management experience.
* Thorough understanding of Project/Programme Management principles.
* Demonstrable Project/Programme Management experience in a technical/engineering arena.
* Simultaneous management of multiple projects.
* Credibility in Project/Programme management.
* A strong leader, able to positively influence.
* Commercially aware and able to see the bigger business picture.
* Broad understanding of the roles of supporting business functions.
* Financially astute.
The successful candidate will have the ability to obtain SC Clearance for this role!!!!
Apply now to Steve!!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77517629