Production Engineering Manager
Are you experienced in Engineering? Have Operational Management experience? Worked with Continuous Improvement (Lean) principles? Possess strong commercial outlook?
Then we may have the perfect job for you.
Meridian Business Support is actively recruiting for an experienced Production Engineering Manager for our established client in the Cheltenham area. The position is on a full time, permanent basis.
To be considered for this Production Engineering Manager role, candidates must have an engineering degree, HND and relevant operational management experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the motivation, management and development of the manufacturing engineering teams.
Overall responsibilities will include:
- Understanding the capacity and capability of production facilities;
- Preparing cap-ex proposals to ensure the plant utilises the latest manufacturing techniques to improve safety, optimise production efficiently through flexible processes, methods and equipment;
- Continuous Improvement of all manufacturing engineering processes and methodology;
- The creation and adherence to project plans, milestones and deliverables;
- Developing strategies for the short and long term development of the department;
- Ensuring full participation in the New Product Introduction Process, developing suitable manufacturing processes and equipment;
- Responsibility for an annual overhead budget of approximately £1.3m and a capital budget of between £1-2m per annum;
- Providing day-to-day support to production regarding manufacturing engineering processes; and,
- Creation of reports and management information as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an engineering degree, HND or have relevant experience in a similar industry;
- Possess a strong commercial outlook with relevant operational management experience;
- Preferably have qualifications or experience in Continuous Improvement (Lean) and change management;
- Be competent communicators with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills;
- Demonstrate a can do attitude, be proactive and well organised with the ability to manage conflicting priorities to deadlines; and,
- Be customer-focused and an ambassador for the work of the department.
If you are interested in being considered for this role please apply online with your CV for immediate consideration or email your CV to
Please note that due to the larger number of applications we receive we cannot always come back with a response so if you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77519667