Our client has a new exciting opportunity at for a Finance Controller to come and join their fantastic team based in Stirling on a full time, permanent basis and you will receive a competitive salary depending on experience plus benefits!
Our client is one of the UK’s leading organisations in the supply and maintenance of infection control equipment, a recognised authority on testing and validation of products to national standards. Their corporate support allows them to follow a plan of ambitious growth.
About their Finance Controller role
They have an exciting and challenging role within the Management team with a real mix between financial ad hoc analysis and more routine month end. Being the key financially focused driver containing business partnering whilst undertaking management account reporting monthly, annually and budgeting procedures, the role will suit candidates who are keen to manage tight financial control with excellent communication and influencing skills, strong stakeholder management skills and expert commercial awareness.
Key Responsibilities of their Finance Controller:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and reconciliations in a timely manner
- Preparation of quarterly VAT return
- Preparation of ad hoc financial reports to corporate group
- Daily Bank Reconciliations
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Purchase and Sales Ledger Management
- Stock management and reconciliations
- Credit Control Escalations
- Management of Finance and Stores Departments (3 direct reports)
- Produce financial reporting to drive business performance to achieve agreed targets as well as other Admin as required tasks such as Payroll, Pension, BUPA, vehicle fleet management
- Analyse current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analysing causes of unexpected variance
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting and deliver of the Operating Plan
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Support contract and tender wins
- Analyse complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
What they’re looking for in their Finance Controller
- Highly motivated and ambitious individual with excellent interpersonal skills
- A flexible attitude, good self-discipline, excellent communication skills
- You should be a confident decision maker
- Good organisation, time management and problem solving skills are all essential
- Be in possession of an accountancy qualification or qualified by relevant experience
- Must have experience in a financial controller role and a confident personality to regularly report to Board/Director level
- Must possess an excellent understanding of SAGE, Microsoft Office, in particular Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Have the aptitude and capability necessary to develop the business financial processes
If you are confident about managing people, making decisions and being accountable, you will thrive on managing a demanding workload.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their Finance Controller then please click ‘Apply’ today - don’t miss out, they’d love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77514134