New opportunity not to be missed! Tayto Group is seeking an Engineering Supervisor to join the team based in Scunthorpe. This is a full time permanent role offering a competitive salary of £37,000 per annum.
Established in 1956 Tayto have expanded from one factory in Tandragee Castle, County Armagh, to becoming the UKs third largest snack manufacturer. Over the last nine years a series of careful acquisitions has seen the company grow to a turnover of £200m and led to the ownership of key brands in their market, including Golden Wonder, Real Crisps, Mr Porky and Jonathan Crisp and Midland Snacks. The company employ over 1400 people across five manufacturing sites.
A fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Shift Supervisor to join the team based in Scunthorpe. Joining us on a full time permanent basis. Working hours are 42 hours per week (Averaged) 12 hour shifts covering both days and nights 4 on 4 off (2 days, 2 nights).
The primary role of the Engineering Supervisor is to supervise the engineering resource on shift, prioritise and assist in the repair of equipment breakdowns as quickly and effectively as possible to limit their effects on the site production targets. Be proactive with their team in the continuous improvement and planned maintenance programmes for all site equipment and processes and to be accountable for both the delivery and quality of the teams work.
Key responsibilities of our Engineering Supervisor
- Hands on management of the shift based engineering resource; prioritise incoming breakdown work requests and manage the effective use of the engineering skills within the team
- Assist in determining the root cause and rectification of any faults on the production process lines within all current legislation. To notify the responsible Area Manager of the anticipated “downtimes”, ensure all breakdown details including time to rectify fault is properly recorded on Shires and ensure the quality of hand back to production including completion of hand over sheet
- Manage, assist and be accountable for in shift planned routine maintenance tasks within all areas of the site and repair of any issues found. Report any outstanding issues to engineering department for an assessment of consequences and rectification plan
- To be proactive with their shift team in the equipment / process continuous improvement programme and be aware of equipment performance trends such as efficiency, quality and waste
- Carry out routine equipment installations as required with the team and be involved in or familiar with any project plans for the installation of new equipment
- Responsible for the quality of information recorded in Shires during shift and the effective communication of all relevant information to opposite number at shift change. This ensures that unfinished tasks can be safely completed and the previous shift issues understood
- Any changes made to PLC programmes will be backed up and any other changes made to equipment installations or settings must be updated in the required files or manuals and communicated to the day shift engineering team
- Responsible for the contacting of external suppliers / technical support when required out of normal hours to liaise on problems and breakdowns
- In conjunction with the Maintenance Manager compile a skills matrix and development plan for their shift team
- As part of the team-working environment assist in educating operators in the mechanical operation of their equipment ensuring that Health and Safety legislation is complied with. This will allow them to assist with basic maintenance practices and ensure the correct set up procedures are followed for their equipment
- Ensure that Company Health and Safety Standards are complied with and safe working practices are always adopted
- All team RTW’s are actioned
Qualifications and experience needed to become our Engineering Supervisor
- Electrical skills and knowledge are essential
- Working hands on Supervisor
- A good working relationship is required with O.E.M. technical support departments, preferred contractors and spare parts suppliers.
- Craft Apprenticeship or equivalent tech. training (multi-skilled electrical / mechanical)
- Min. 3 years in FMCG environment
- Working knowledge of PLC fault finding on Allen Bradley and ability to go on line.
- Working knowledge of inverters and control systems
- Working knowledge of fluid mechanics & drive systems.
- Working knowledge of pneumatics
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as an Engineering Supervisor please click ‘Apply’ below.
No agencies please.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77525440