External Communications Executive
Think Specialist Recruitment is pleased to be working with a truly market-leading, global business to recruit a Communications Executive for their UK headquarters. The purpose of the role is to develop and coordinate External Communications for the UK, deliver all planned and reactive media activity and projects, promoting and protecting the brand. We are seeking candidates with previous external communications experience to take on this exciting, challenging and fast paced role.
The role will assist in developing and driving the External Communications Strategy for the UK business. This will include planned activity to deliver the media strategy alongside responsive activity to manage urgent media enquiries and crisis situations, with the objective of protecting the brand. This role will also support with the management of social media and customer communications, driving customer loyalty and promoting the business to new customers. Providing expertise and support to senior colleagues across the business is also a key part of the role, to ensure all messages are delivered externally with maximum impact and results.
- Delivery of the External Communications Plan, including day-to-day activities and large on-going projects
- Creation of specific campaigns that respond to key business objectives
- Supporting with the management of Social Media for the UK, including Twitter and LinkedIn
- Engagement with Business Partnerships and all associated customer communications, planning, delivery and data management
- Co-ordinate with external specialist agencies to manage/create/deliver campaigns
- Monitor the success of projects, reporting back to management
- Ensure project costs are recorded, monitored and kept on budget
- Liaise with colleagues across all departments to provide guidance, creativity and the resources required to effectively deliver their messages externally
- Proactively engage with key managers to gain awareness of business developments and opportunities for communication
- Plan and prioritise flexibly in order to meet the changing needs of the business and the team
- Propose, plan and implement service improvements and cost saving opportunities
- Source and brief external agencies as required. Ensure contractual arrangements are in compliance with current business practice
- Manage agencies through the briefing and design process to final delivery of solutions for individual projects, whilst managing the internal approval processes to ensure quality and timely delivery of projects
- Develop agreed targeting and measurement criteria. Report results
- Experience in a communications role essential
- Planning and organising skills
- Communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong initiative, self-driven
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Stakeholder management skills
- Influencing, persuading and negotiation skills.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytic ability
- Good motivator and team player.
Looking for the next step in your career? Think Specialist Recruitment
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77524522