Optometrist - Torquay, Devon
An attractive opportunity has opened for a driven Optometrist in our Torquay Specsavers. This store is a part of the UK's most trusted optical brand and has enjoyed a strong period of growth recently – so as a result are looking to add and strengthen to our top team – we are already great at what we do as proven by our success at winning The Optician Magazine Award 2016 as 'Multiple Practise of the Year' - but we know we can always improve and you could be part of this.
Torquay is a popular coastal resort on the coast of South Devon nicknamed The English Riviera. This picturesque area benefits from warmer climates, stunning beaches and fantastic schools – making it a great area if you are looking to relocate for a different pace of life. It benefits from being just a 30 minute journey from Exeter via train or car and just 3 hours from London on a direct train so you really do have the best of both worlds.
The role in a nutshell:
This could be your 1st role as a Senior Optometrist and as such you’ll complete eye examinations and contact lens appointments whilst driving our conversions and average order value through delivering excellent customer service. We are looking for a candidate that wants progression, someone that is keen to get involved in giving back to the profession and developing by supervising a pre-reg Optometrist. You will be part of our Top Team, getting involved in the big decisions to grow and improve our store and in return, we would happily support you with any progression opportunity desired including Pathway towards Store Directorship.
Our practice is passionate about offering a full range of clinical services, with our involvement in community care schemes, we currently hold MECS, Glaucoma and Cataract accreditation and strongly encourage CET development.
· All candidates must be registered with GOC as specified with the regulatory authority
· Achievement of core competencies as specified by college of optometrists and approved by the GOC
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Effective communicator – both verbal and written
· Driven, passionate attitude
What’s on offer?
If this role is for you we have a fantastic package on offer, including:
· Fantastic salaries dependent of experience
· Unrivalled relocation package available.
· Realistic and achievable monthly bonus scheme.
· Flexible working arrangements including compressed hours if required.
· Medical and dental Package.
· Generous holiday entitlement.
· Solid progression plan in place suited to your career goals.
The Key Information:
In summary, we’re looking for a high calibre resident senior optometrist to join us and assist in driving this excellent practice forward. The store boasts a varied patient base with experienced and well trained support staff at hand. The role offers clinical and commercial autonomy in a challenging working environment with excellent benefits.
For more information or to apply, please contact Ben Bushby at Specsavers Recruitment Services on 01566 771892 or email email@example.com