CAE Development Engineer - 34057 - up to £2645/hr - Body
Title: CAE Development Engineer
Division: Body Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Support development of Automotive Body Components/Systems using engineering knowledge and experience combined with Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) techniques, to meet Safety, Durability, and NVH performance targets.
- Run CAE analysis, summarise results and feedback conclusions to the CAE Lead Engineers in an efficient manner.
- Able to work effectively with design teams to develop and optimise solutions considering multi-attributes within defined deadlines and time constraints.
- Have some product knowledge and awareness of potential design constraints (packaging, manufacturing etc.) and ensure due consideration is given in developing solutions.
- Support projects and teams including the feedback of results as required through design / project reviews.
- Liaise with all internal customers of our business as well as offshore operations where necessary.
- Support the continual development of tools and techniques which enhance capability, improve quality and robustness of Virtual models.
- Working knowledge of CAE methodologies
- Competent in the use of explicit and/or implicit software and associated pre and post processing packages e.g. Hyperworks v13 / v14 for Pre/Post-Processing (or Ansa/Metapost); Oasys software; Primer, T/HIS & D3Plot. Optistruct (or MSC Nastran ¿ SOL101, 103, 108, 111, and 200); ABAQUS 6.x non-linear (including contacts) - implicit and explicit; LS_Dyna; NCOde Design Life; PC Skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint.).
- Previous experience of Safety, Durability, and NVH component/system level development using CAE to meet defined performance targets
- Previous experience and background in solving complex technical ideas and challenges
- Previous experience of supporting engineering or analytical projects.
- Experience in proposing product modifications to improve designs.
- Familiarity and experience of working practices relating to CAE methods and processes.
- Competent in the use of Optistruct to develop optimised designs, Catia modelling, Macro programming e.g. Excel, TCL, Perl, Python, etc
If you are interested in this position, please apply now with an up to date CV. For more information, contact Lois Weston on 01384446119 or email .
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77523271