Health Safety & Compliance Manager/Director
My client are a Specialist Commercial Cleaning Company based in Hertfordshire, they have had phenomenal growth over the past 3 years and are a £2 million turnover business. Recently they have branched out and opened two new divisions, Security and High Access. With plenty more growth planned for the next 5 years they are looking for a talented and strong leader in the health and safety world who can have overall control and reach across all division with H&S matters.
You will take the lead in ensuring the business stay compliant and all staff work safely and within the regulations. This will involve writing new policies and evaluating existing processes to ensure they are as effective as possible.
- Be the first point of contact for all H&S and compliance issues or enquiries
- Responsible for all policies and procedure and ensuring they are adhered too
- Ensure all polices and procedure are fit for purpose and up to date
- Be part of and assist the team in producing and updating RAMS templates
- Work with all employees to help them understand best practise
- To ensure that all documents and project files are prepared and managed in accordance with the Company standards.
- Work towards securing ISO and other certification
- Act as 'Competent Person' providing advice to middle and senior management
- To provide risk management and training to the standards set by the company
- Undertake risk assessments
- Design, develop, audit and implement (where required) SHE management systems at various life cycles
- Design and undertake safety climate/ behavioural safety surveys and audits.
- Mentoring new and existing team members
- To undertake in main combined health and safety and fire risk assessments/audits, delivering tool box talks and induction level training
- Professionally qualified to IOSH standard, GradIOSH or equivalent
- Experience in occupational risk assessment, particularly within the corporate environment. A good working knowledge of ergonomics and other human factors is an advantage.
- Professionally qualified to NEBOSH Diploma and CMIOSH/MIIRSM/MCIEH or equivalent
- Experience with enforcement
- Experience in having dealt with insurers for health and safety incidents
- At least one project of maintaining certification in 18001 or 14001 essential, and ISO 9001 desirable
- Flexible and willing to travel at short notice to various locations within UK
- Current UK driving licence
- Good literacy, well-spoken and well-presented
- Thrives under pressure and challenge
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding business in a newly created position, if this sounds like you please apply today.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77518403