Software Architecture and Development Manager (Bedford)
Software Architecture and Development Manager
£80,00 /Per annum + Benefits (Flexible salary in regards to experience)
This is an outstanding opportunity to join this exciting and rapidly expanding company. Whilst still having the feel of a start-up, this business has been trading for 13 years and is now an established market leader, with their services used globally and with an impressive customer base.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role has two main functions; firstly, to run a team of experienced software developers, and secondly, to own the architectural vision, creating and improving the framework which all developers operate to.
You will define all aspects of development from the appropriate use of technology to coding standards, involving the technical teams to embed a culture of collaboration, efficiency (Agile) and passion for high-quality software. You will be managing a high-quality development team to ensure the right person is working on the right tasks, all the time.
You will drive the day to day decision-making of the development team, ensuring that decisions at all levels are consistent with the architecture, quality goals and business priorities in mind. The ideal candidate have held a variety of software development roles and will be able to draw on this experience to the benefit of the team. They have been responsible for defining and promoting technical architectures in previous roles.
The ideal candidate will be seen as an expert in everything related to software development, and quick to learn anything they don?t already know but becomes a requirement. They will have a robust, clear, and persuasive communication style. They will be confident and decisive when faced with difficult technical decisions.
This is a high-profile role and you will work closely with the Product Manager, Business Analyst and the senior leadership of the company.
- Define and take ownership of a software system architecture that is consistent with business goals
- Promote, and champion the architecture within the software team
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to the developers and testers
- Manage the day to day task allocation within the development team
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to the development team
- Maintain the documentation of this architecture, keeping it up to date and relevant
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Liaise with business stakeholders to ensure the continued relevancy of the defined architecture
- Identify and mitigate technical risks for all software projects
- Act as a technical authority within the software team
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Approve final product before launch
- ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience as software architect for web-based enterprise software
- Expert-level knowledge of software design, development and architecture as a practitioner in enterprise environments.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Web Services, Restful APIs, Micro Services etc.
- Sound understanding of software architectures and relevant underpinning concepts including data modelling and RDBMS, performance and optimisation issues, algorithms and design patterns, scaling and concurrency.
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail, as well as a keen eye for software development trends and new technologies.
- A confident, articulate, and robust communicator
- Exceptional leadership, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Has held a variety of software development roles including at least one technical leadership role
- Upper quartile C# test results (online test)
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Management of non-functional requirements
- Architecture definition
- Technology selection
- Architecture evaluation
- Software integration
- DESIRABLE SKILLS
- 10+ years? experience in key roles within a software team
- Familiarity with the background screening industry
- Experience working on a variety of software project types such as systems integration, API development, transitioning to SOA
- Familiarity with the Agile/Scrum approach
- MSc/MA in computer science, engineering or relevant field
- LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
- Manage the performance and development of the team through customer focused measures and build engaged, well-motivated, high performing team.
- Improving the productivity of the work force through training, developing talent, technology enablement, process improvements, best practices and implementing high standards within the company to improve the overall skill level of the function.
- The role holder will manage the allocation of resources to ensure that deadlines are achieved at all times, resolving issues which will ensure that the business operates with maximum efficiency.
- Coach and Support colleagues to improve team performance and ensure procedures and relevant regulatory requirements/codes are met.
- Medium term planning for the team, identifying resource needs to meet customer expectations. Time horizon of 3-6 months.
- Manage relationships with other Team Leaders where required to ensure effective support of the wider company goals.
- Undertake weekly directional communications with the team.
- The role holder will be responsible for maintaining and improving Quality Assurance controls and standards.
- PERSONNEL & STAFF MANAGEMENT
- The role holder will be accountable for proficient management of staff performance, recruitment, development and promotion of individuals. Will provide coaching as necessary to ensure the team has the knowledge and awareness of regulatory, industry and process requirements.
- The role holder will demonstrate motivational and leadership skills, building effective working relationships with team members, leading by example.
- The role holder will oversee Performance Development consistency across their own team(s) in line with High Performance Organisation (HPO) principles, and partakes in consistency checking across the company.
- The role holder will ensure business messages are effectively cascaded and clearly articulated to all staff. The successful candidate will maintains visibility across the whole team by encouraging two-way communications.
- The role holder will hold regular team meetings and providing feedback and reviews.
- We can help you to achieve your potential. Our team understands the importance of having the right support to enable you to grow and develop within our business.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959475502