Senior C++ Software Engineer
Working for this outstanding global company within a multi-disciplined team, you'll have the opportunity to work on all stages of the software development lifecycle for a range of defence related technologies including naval software. The team is looking for a degree level educated Software Engineer with commercial C++ on Linux and informal or formal team leading experience.
Due to the sensitive nature of the projects, applicants should be of sole British Nationality in order to obtain government level security clearances.
Daily responsibilities of the C++ Software Engineer
- Developing software through the full development lifecycle, this role will be working with UML software design methodologies
- Creating high quality and robust code - C++ Solutions in a Linux environment
- Working closely with the Software Engineering Manager to understand requirements and input into systems design
- Unit testing and integration testing form part of the role along with reviewing and verifying work at a senior level
- Managing a small team of more junior developers
- Managing the work load and managing the managers and stakeholder expectations
Qualities sought for the C++ Software Engineer
- A strong background in OO programming C++ and/or Java programming
- Experience creating high quality and robust code in a Linux environment
- A knowledge of UML
- Team leading experience - and the desire to lead a small team
Key Benefits of the Job:
- A chance to work with cutting edge technologies with a company who will invest in your future career development, with an agreed CPD plan option available
- Work in a friendly and collaborative team environment
- Be part of a fast growing company offering constant challenges and real opportunities to progress
If this sounds like a good skills match and an opportunity that would interest you then please send your CV for consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77522701