Job title: Maintenance Engineer
Shifts: 4 on 4 off; days and nights; 6am to 6pm and 6pm to 6am
Benefits: Volume related bonus Scheme, plenty of overtime on offer, great pension scheme, good holiday package.
About the client
My client, one of the UKs best known manufacturers of rice products and largest employers within the Kent area are recruiting for Maintenance Engineers to join their ever-growing team. First established within the 80’s on a rice farm in India, my client has become a national player turning over £60million last year and sits within the Sunday times fast track 100 league table as one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. They have offices and milling facilities across 70 countries worldwide producing microwavable rice, dry rice and plastic packaging.
About the role
As a maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for carrying out reactive and scheduled maintenance on equipment within the food industry that produce over a million units per week. These include, mixers, conveyors, weighs, metal detectors, packing lines which are all operated through a PLC system. You will be tasked with contributing to an improvement culture, enhancing quality, efficiency, safety and waste reduction.
As a Maintenance Engineer you will have previous experience in food manufacturing and have the following;
- Hold an electrical qualification (City and guilds or equivalent apprenticeship) with strong knowledge of working electrical parts including, Electrical motors, inverters, relays, drives and contactors.
- Be conversant with mechanical components including pneumatics, bearings, pumps and couplings.
- Have experience diagnosing faults, using a multimeter and the PLC system.
- You will also have experience working from a PPM schedule and carrying out reactive maintenance.
- You will also be self-motivated, be able to use your own initiative working alone.
- Real career progression – Promotion from within.
- Further training - internal/external including further electrical/mechanical qualification.
- Working within an established and stable team.
- Great benefits package.
If you believe you have the relevant experience please call me on.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77506066