My client is a family led business, established in 1999 which manufactures high quality complete and complimentary pet food and treats. They are based in a small village on the outskirts of Grimsby.
The morale on site is exceptional and there is a real Team Spirit.
Due to an increase in production they are looking for an experienced Maintenance Engineer/Fitter capable of working on electrics too.
Due to the business needs suitable candidates must;
- Have experience supervising in a food manufacturing environment
- Be hard working
- Be reliable and maintain an excellent attendance record
- Be capable of working at a fast pace
- Be self motivated
- Be able to work as part of a team
Due to the location of the site own transport is essential.
The days and hours of work are;
Monday - Friday, 2pm - 10pmJOB SPECSUMMARY: To ensure the machines are maintained and safe to use.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following although this is not and exhaustive list:
- To be present and assist with all FF tube change overs and sign off bags as correct coming off the machine (as per SOP). (The engineers should endeavour to be present a minimum of 5 minutes after the first bag comes off the machine).
- To clean and recondition the FF tube back to good order (new Teflon/rubber) after every tube change over.
- To manage and monitor the knife register.
- To manage and maintain an up to date spare parts register/list with a reorder point for each item. This is to be kept on SP in the engineering folder. (up to date means weekly)
- An up to date data base of all suppliers and contact details in relation to both spare parts and machines. This is to be kept on SP in the engineering folder.
- Accountability to maintain the interior and exterior of the fabric of the site including gutters and drains.
- Accountability to manage outside tradesmen on site in line with current safety legislation and company policy.
- To complete all work and in the timescale of the agreed company maintenance schedule.
- Accountability of the hygiene of the forklifts and repairs. Any repairs viewed outside of your scope should be communicated to the general manager and his signature added on the PO for authorisation purposes of outside work sought to be carried out. This signing system referred relates to any outside engineers you might request to carry out work on the companies behalf in any other area of the business.
- To carry out all servicing as per worksafelive schedule and update worksafelive on completion. Parts required from servicing should be priced with suppliers and order numbers raise for sign off from general manager. Defects that do not require parts or on arrival of parts ordered from service should be discussed with general manager to arrange schedule of repair.
- 1 weekly audit check of fork truck or production line check. Report of late checks on top 10 board.
- To complete daily maintenance log sheet with list of all jobs and times on and off. Completion of job sheet for each job with confirmation that job repair was covered under general risk assessment. if not a new risk assessment should be completed before work is started.
- Also to make sure the fire extinguishers/fire alarms/compressors/boilers and intruder alarms are always working correctly and in good order.
- Keep the workshop in good order.
- Attending scheduled 1.30pm production meetings.
- To be proactive in best practise of servicing or pre use checks of all on site equipment and assist general manager in generating servicing schedule for all new equipment.
All tasks that are listed and have Engineer accountability are serviced to either timescales, legislation or insurance companies demand. The service schedule should reflect this demand.
To apply for this role click 'apply now' or call the Stafforce office in Grimsby. 01472351555
Stafforce is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77521538