Senior Engineer - Weights
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of the Weight, Centre of Gravity and Inertial properties for current and future programs.
• Use benchmark data to develop targets for Weight, Centre of Gravity and Inertial properties to support attribute teams.
• Review vehicle & systems with program application engineers to highlight sensitivity of weight status and distribution on vehicle attributes.
• Develop, document and report status against targets, highlighting consequences of package options, across vehicle attribute group.
• Plan activities within the boundaries set by MISSION, to demonstrate target achievement by the program gateways.
• Work closely with the vehicle attribute and application engineers to ensure vehicle meets weight targets.
• Write Engineering Reports to support the above.
• Write local Processes/Procedures as required.
• Support relevant PMT/PAT meetings as required.
• Follow Aston Martin MISSION product creation process and ensure all required information and actions are completed according to agreed programme cost, time and quality contract.
• Engineering Degree essential, with a materials or vehicle attribute bias desirable.
• Extensive experience within an automotive or automotive components supplier group.
• Experience of vehicle package / concept would be desirable, as would be working in a Vehicle Attribute department.
• Experience in materials development / materials selection would be an advantage.
• MISSION knowledge or equivalent process knowledge (AMPCS, GPDS, FPDS).
• Must be able to negotiate and arbitrate between PMT's and PAT's to achieve the best solutions for the product.
• Strong time management, accuracy, diligence, ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs.
• A clear communicator, with good organisation skills and also excellent analytical skills.
• Team player and competent in all MS Tools: Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• A working knowledge of Teamcentre and NX would be desirable.
• Driving Licence - may be required to support benchmarking activities.
Please click on the 'apply online' button to submit your application.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77514761