Hays Office Support have the pleasure of representing a furniture retailer whose success is built on providing outstanding customer experience.
A new vacancy has arisen for an experienced Store Administrator to cover a period of maternity leave.
Role: Store Administrator
Contract: 9 months maternity cover
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am - 6pm
Start date: November 2017
Salary: £18,000 - £22,500
As Store Administrator your main purpose is to manage all financial administration, store administration, stock management and PRIME administration within the store. You will achieve this through demonstrating their qualities and being a champion of their Company values. As an independent business, they are expanding fast, with over 50 stores and 19 distribution centres, and more in the pipeline.
- Comply with all Company financial procedures.
- Increase debit notes to minimise company expenditure.
- Weekly reconciliation of petty cash ensuring sufficient amounts available at all times.
- Process cheque requests with Group finance promptly.
- Daily reconciliation of banking deposits and balances.
- Prompt processing of expense invoices authorised by the General Manager.
- Final check and daily sending of financial agreements to the finance company.
- Final check and release of purchase orders once finance agreements have been approved by our credit provider.
- Manage and update supplier acknowledgements and action any amendments.
- To ensure all payments for sold stock & DHD have been received via daily checks on delivery schedules.
- Compile and send relevant reports daily, weekly, monthly as required i.e. debtors for un-invoiced orders
- Complete weekly stock checks in-line with company schedule.
- Flag bad debt to your respective ROC & GM immediately
- Ensure weekly service meeting are carried out, documented and returned to the ROC
- Answer telephone calls within five rings to help support the store.
- Discuss all errors & remorse issues with GM and SM and obtain authority for the best course of action
- Keep customers fully informed of replacement or parts on service issue resolution
- Identify repetitive errors & remorse service issues and share findings to Store Management
- Liaise closely with Distribution Team to ensure prompt return of faulty goods, raising debit notes prior to ordering replacement goods.
- Raise and release purchase orders for parts and replacements
- Contributing positively and effectively in all areas of the store
- Build productive relationships with the store & warehouse teams
- Demonstrating commitment and reasonable flexibility to the company requirements.
- Demonstrating reliability through good timekeeping and attendance.
- Positively reflecting company image through smart and professional personal appearance.
- Overview of the store preparation and execution of stock takes and any other activities as required.
- Ensure you update and comply fully with all Fire and Health and Safety legislation and company procedures in respect of yourself, customers, visitors and colleagues (PRIME)
- Ensure you understand and comply fully with all security procedures in respect of yourself, customers, visitors and colleagues. Primarily data security and the storage and disposal of company, employee and customer sensitive information
- Ensure your store is fully compliant with all store security and cash handling procedures
- Assist with all in-bound phone calls, if they cannot answer it can be passed through to the store
- Undertake order book Management
- Re- writing of IFC agreements as required
- Re-writing of Invoices as required
- Undertake the processing IFC agreements during busy trading time
- Prepare PI Counts
- Undertake monthly cyclical counts
- Undertake stock adjustments
- Complete Write offs as requested
Do you have the personal skills required?
- Customer focused
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service internally and externally
- Collaborative, confident and energetic
- Conscientious, carry out tasks carefully and accurately
- Takes full ownership of any issues and resolution
- Self-motivated and able to self-manage
- Enthusiastic learner and responds to feedback positively
What you can expect in return:
- An excellent salary and benefits package
- Life assurance (after a qualifying period)
- Health insurance
- Paid holiday
- An opportunity to develop and grow with the business
- Generous discounts
If you believe you have what it takes and are passionate about pursuing a career in retail, apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77529277