Specialist Claims Consultant
Specialist Claims Consultant
We’re no ordinary company. The people, organisations and communities we work with have always been what we care about most. So the way we run our business, our specialist expertise and what we do with our profits makes us proud and sets us apart. But we operate in a very commercial and competitive market. The only way we’re going to make a real and lasting difference in all our communities and grow our business is by getting closer to our customers and business partners so they actively seek us out for our specialist knowledge. So ours is a big responsibility – and we’re committed to being the best. That’s why we’re always interested in hearing from talented, enthusiastic, and ambitious people who think they can help us make a real difference.
Benefits and wellbeing
We offer a number of optional benefits through our flexible benefits scheme, giving you the opportunity to choose those benefits that suit your needs and lifestyle. These are some of the benefits we offer:
- Pension – competitive Group Personal Pension where Ecclesiastical will add in up to 12% of your salary depending on the level of your chosen contribution
- Flexible working
- Holiday – 25 days minimum
- Bonus – a discretionary performance bonus based on what you achieve and how you achieve it plus the success of the business
- Leave for parents – (Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Shared Parental Leave) enhancements to statutory pay during
- Community support – Ecclesiastical employees are supported to give to charities close to their hearts. We offer volunteering time, match all fundraising and give every employee a ‘personal grant’ of £125 to give to a charity of their choice
Management of major and complex losses aligned to Ecclesiastical’s Niche Specialisms
• Claims Handling - Manage an allocation of Major and Complex losses arising out of specialist niche area, within own authority and in line with the Ecclesiastical claims handling strategy.
• Service and Technical Delivery - Plan, prioritise and manage individual work to deliver agreed objectives and meet SLA’s to deliver pre agreed technical results and exceptional customer service.
• Customer and Broker Liaison – Develop close and dependent relationships with customers and brokers making Ecclesiastical the number one choice for claims through; claims handling; regular review meetings; and problem solving.
• Niche Technical Claims Expert – Technical expert both outward and inward facing, for customers, handlers, Risk Services and Underwriters.
• Coaching - Provide structured coaching to members of the claims, underwriting, risk services teams and other business areas
• Training – Contributing to the Academy training plan by identifying training needs for niche areas through day to day referrals and audit.
• Communication – Use, monitor and champion the appropriate methods of communication (telephone, face to face) to support Ecclesiastical’s right first time approach in order to maintain successful Internal and External relationships.
• Audit – Accountable for arranging and completing internal audits and contributing to external audits of suppliers and DA brokers, agreeing action plans for improvement and contributing towards the solution And monitor output
• Compliance - Operate within regulatory framework and identify and escalate any risks to the business.
• Complaints - Identify complaints, act upon them and resolve in line with company policy and recommend relevant process improvements
• Team Management - Provide management support as and when required.
• Market Awareness - Represent and promote Ecclesiastical at partner and industry events where required, being responsible for understanding new and developing current procedures that reflect best practise within the market
• Internal Relationships – Support account managers, underwriters and risk services in terms of claims intelligence and new business development, by niche and/or customer.
• Projects - Provide project support as required
• Personal Development - Actively expand personal technical and niche knowledge both informally (networking internally and externally, internet, industry press) and formally (In-house training, CII, CPD)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• ACII qualified desirable
• In depth insurance technical knowledge
• Experience of effective stakeholder management within a commercial environment
• Confident and influential communicator with the ability to negotiate at all levels
• The ability to build and manage co-operative and productive relationships
• A proven track record of acting as a coach within a commercial environment