Technical Operations Analyst
Our Reading client is seeking a Technical Operations Analyst to join the Operations team.
You will need to be willing to work a shift pattern (to provide cover from 7:00 - 23:00). The company are very flexible about the shifts and to accommodate personal preferences.
In the future there may be an 'on-call' requirement for overnight/weekends/bank holidays. This will be remunerated separately.
Technical operations analyst within the Reading Bureau Operations Hub supporting Bottomline Cloud Services, 1st Line Swift Service, and the Direct Faster Payments Service
- Operational support of the Direct FPS Service applications (GT Frame & NCR Authentic), software and security.
- FPS incident process initiation and incident management.
- Case management via phone, portal and email (logging, acknowledgements, updates and completion of all case notes).
- Case diagnosis and resolution; case routing where further levels of technical support are necessary; execution of correct escalation procedures when appropriate.
- Logging, tracking and issues with the FPS Central Infrastructure.
- Direct communication with customers of the Direct FPS Service and the VocaLink FPS Operations team.
- Pro-actively informing customers and Vocalink of any issues with the Direct FPS service.
- Uploading the Extended Industry Sort Code Directory (EISCD) to the service on a weekly basis.
- Maintenance and development of Direct FPS Service and Cloud Services Support
- Support the Transactional Operations team in the maintenance and running of the systems / servers that underline the services we offer.
- At least three years' experience in Service Delivery or Technical Support
- ITIL best practice experience/qualification in Service Continuity Management, Change Management, and Escalation Process.
- A demonstrable understanding of computers, with knowledge of the Windows operating systems, Windows Server 2008/2012
- Understanding of Linux/Unix (command line)
- Ability to create and follow Standard Operating Procedures
- SQL server administration and optimisation experience and/or Oracle database
- Virtualisation experience e.g. VMWare, Hyper V, KVM
- Understanding of TCP/IP
- Experience of managing web applications on Apache, IIS, Oracle WebLogic.
- Knowledge of Storage e.g. SAN, NFS
- Formal training in computer science.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Experience with automated deployment tools, such as Puppet.
- Knowledge of ISO 27001 standards
- A good understanding of the UK Faster Payments Service would be very advantageous
- An emotionally intelligent and highly empathic communicator
- Common sense
- Resilient, self-motivated, with an outstanding work ethic
- Calm, methodical and persistent, especially under pressure
- Process orientated with a meticulous eye for detail
- Analytical with the ability to turn insight into action
- Adaptable and flexible
- Commercially aware
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77528134