Software Engineer – C++, 3D
An Oxford based 3D design software house is looking a Software Engineer to join their growing team as they push towards the release of a major product in 2018. The Software Engineer will work with C++ and related technologies to build novel tools within a multidisciplinary team.Want the opportunity to build novel, real-world 3D-printing tools with a fantastic team? Do you want to enhance your skills with modern languages and toolchains. Passionate about combining programming and 3D maths/geometry skills to create amazing user experiences? Yes? Then this role is for you. The Role
You will be designing systems that support a fantastic user experience for the 3D printing community, joining a collaborative R&D team of core developers, mathematicians, mechatronic engineers, academics and UX / UI designers. You will see your work quickly translate into awesome tools which create physical 3D printed objects.About the Company
They are a new and exciting company with a fun, collaborative, product-driven atmosphere that empowers creative thinking and values the contributions of all our team members to the ambitious overall project vision - your work will be rewarded with equity. They both value and require independence and flexibility; and are an Equal Opportunities Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. They work reasonable hours and will accommodate individual’s circumstances where possible.About You
You will bring an enthusiasm for high-level collaboration within a technical R&D team, with a passion for problem solving and innovation. You will write clean code, with an agile mind-set towards seamless iteration and continuous improvement. Given the opportunity, you will move outside of your comfort zone to pick up new technologies and build on your skillset.The most important skill will be a willingness to learn and to communicate and collaborate with the team.
They are interested in people from a wide range of educational and professional backgrounds who have exposure to disciplines including: computer science, creative industries (games, digital media), mathematics, and mechanical engineering. You may have a background in 3D and an endless technical curiosity for new tools and software.Requirements
- Familiarity with C++ and good skills in at least one modern language (C++, C, C#, Python, Java, Rust)
- Comfortable talking and thinking about 3D geometry and models
- Collaborative and open communication across teams, willing to advocate your ideas, and open to critique and feedback
- Enthusiasm for delivering modern, iterative design
- Friendly, curious, creative
Software Engineer – C++, 3D
- Experience in delivering software with modern C++
- Knowledge of the maker community and existing 3D design tools
- Portfolio demonstrating academic / personal projects
- Practice working with Agile development, and associated tools (testing, continuous integration, etc.)
- Version and source control (e.g. Git, SVN)
- Skills with Game Engines (e.g. UE4, Unity, LibGDX)
- Experience with 3D modelling (Creative or MCAD)
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! Please see our website for terms and conditions.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position. Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77500818