Infrastructure Technician Apprentice - 05083
Baltic Training Services and Alcium Software are delighted to be recruiting for an IT Support Apprentice to join their existing team based in Sheffield.
Alcium Software is a software company specialising in the production and delivery of high quality software and web based solutions. They have produced a number of market leading solutions both in the public and private sector, in addition to undertaking custom development work for clients in a wide variety of industries.They are a growing business and you will learn from a knowledgeable IT team. You're not expected to know everything but a positive can do attitude is a must.
A wise man once said, "The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow" Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and breakdown barriers.With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you're looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- Providing excellent customer service to our customers
- Answering the telephone and helping solve customer enquiries
- Using your IT knowledge to diagnose a wide range of IT issues and faults
- First line support for their Evolutive CRM system Via telephone and email
- Investigating IT related issues and problem solving
- System testing
Training to be provided:
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in ICT
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- CompTIA A+
- ITIL Foundation
- Cloud Services and Disaster Recovery
- Coding and Logic
- Level 2 Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and ICT)
Skills and qualifications required:
- 5 GCSE's A-C grades, including Math's and English.
- The ability to communicate effectively with internal and external teams and customers
- Good standard of written and verbal communication
- A proactive & positive approach to work
- Strong work ethic, including punctuality
- Passion for technology
The future is bright
Upon completion of the 12 month programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- Full time (37.5 Hours per week)
Location and travel
This role is located in Sheffield and is easily accessible via, all major public transport routes with access to free parking.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77518291