Supplier Technical Assistance (STA) Engineer
Are you looking for your next step in your Career?
Here at Thomas we are currently looking to support our client in recruiting a Supplier Technical Assistance (STA) Engineer, The purpose of the role is to be responsible for developing and delivering quality disciplines relating to vehicle and component design, development and launch for all future vehicles within the business at their new site in South Wales. Working closely with both the supply base and within the business to ensure new vehicles are delivered to the correct quality, volume and cost.
The successful candidates will work in Gaydon for up to 12 months and then relocate back to south wales
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
In the new manufacturing plant in South Wales, the engineers will bring new products into production through the development of parts, vehicle and supply base. The engineers will also work closely with their manufacturing colleagues and monitor the success of the end product via After Sales and network of dealerships worldwide. This ensures a wide ranging and absorbing job experience.
- Manage the delivery of off tool, off process 100% accurate parts and final part approval for responsible commodities through Part Approval Process.
- Use of automotive engineering quality tools (i.e. DFMEA, PFMEA, PPAP, APQP, 8D)
- Confirm supplier manufacturing capacity status and ensure no negative impact to supply and quality during new model launch.
- Work closely with the supply base to define improvement plans.
- Drive quality history reviews and campaign prevention related activities to ensure no repeat issues from previous models.
- Agree the vehicle and parts quality requirement with PD, programme, manufacturing and suppliers to exceed customer expectations.
Qualifications & Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams of various sizes, across all areas and influence the delivery of those teams.
- Experienced problem solver.
- Skills in reliability and robustness engineering.
- Knowledge of Quality Tools and techniques for design.
- High degree of numeracy and knowledge of statistical techniques is also an advantage.
- Proven ability to lead cross functional team meetings and define clear improvement action plans.
- Ability to self-manage and work under pressure to deliver quality, production and engineering requirements and thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77516549