Long-Term 11 Teaching Assistant, Near Abergavenny
Long-Term 1:1 Teaching Assistant, Near Abergavenny
A local Powys community primary school are currently seeking an experienced 1:1 Teaching Assistant for a full-time job. This Teaching Assistant job near Abergavenny is available to start immediately, is full-time and until the end of the academic year.
The one form entry Primary School is privileged to have an extensive school building that is well equipped to address the needs of the 21st century curriculum. They have a clear vision to create a happy, healthy, reflective environment and to fully achieve as a whole School.
As a 1:1 Teaching Assistant you will be working in a year 1 mainstream classroom to support a child with behavioural difficulties on a 1:1 basis; this will include supporting the child in group situations and encouraging inclusion, and interaction with other pupils and group activities. You will work to support the child to remain on task to achieve expected learning outcomes in line with the activities being done by the whole class, as set out by the class teacher.
You will be empathetic and understanding and will nurture/support the child in all aspects, including emotional support. You will build rapport with the child in order to facilitate a good working relationship based on trust and confidence. You will use your experience of supporting challenging behaviour, to ensure that the child is engaged and on-task. You will support the child with an inclusion-based approach, encouraging the child to interact with others in the group/classroom, and in group-based activities where appropriate.
In order to apply for this position it is essential that you have the following;
- Proven experience of working with children within a primary school setting
- Experience of supporting in a 1:1 capacity
- Good behaviour management skills/experience and the ability to build rapport with the child
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An adaptable and pro-active attitude
- The ability to work as part of a team to create a positive and progressive learning environment
- Big Maths and Read Write Inc is used throughout the school and training would be an advantage
* The ability to drive and own transport would also be of benefit due to the location of the school
The school are looking to arrange informal interviews/trials for this position ASAP. If you would like to apply for this job, please send your up-to-date CV, detailing your skills and experience today.
Please note that our ability to put you forward for this job will be subject to you meeting the above criteria, and our ability to obtain satisfactory references and documentation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77528492