Senior Pharmaceutical Software Specialist
Senior scientific software analyst dealing with lab equipment for global pharmaceutical company in Oxfordshire
Your new company
Is an innovative global pharmaceutical company in the Oxford area, currently undergoing a period of sustained growth, who are looking to strengthen their technical team by adding a lab equipment and software expert to support their R&D scientists. The company has a strong pipeline of candidate molecules, and an excellent corporate atmosphere.
Your new role
This is a senior position, working closely with multiple R&D groups and other informatics / software teams at the company's site in Oxford.
Given the highly integrated nature of resources with all aspects and stages of the company's research, the position is critical to the continued success of the business.
You will be involved in leading software and equipment support focused projects to ensure the company stays at the cutting edge of research, interacting with bench scientists, group leaders and senior stakeholders to determine requirements and then deliver appropriate solutions.
Interaction with external vendors will also be part of your role, assessing new technology and approaches that can be brought into the company.
You will be taking charge of lifecycle ownership for software relating to research, data analysis, LIMS and other information systems, ensuring that workflow solutions for aspects such as data acquisition or sample management are effectively implemented and managed.
What you'll need to succeed
As well as excellent communication, organisational and technical skills, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- A proven track record of providing support for lab equipment, software or systems within a pharmaceutical, biotech or research environment, either with software troubleshooting or data integration;
- Experience of custom / 3rd party software optimisation or implementation (either in a hands-on capacity or leading a small team doing this);
- An ability to solve complex software or equipment problems within a lab setting;
- Experience implementing software and/or workflow solutions for sample management or experimental data acquisition & analysis;
- Some exposure to programming, using languages such as Python, Perl, R, Jupyter, Java, SQL, C/C++;
- A background in dealing with lab-based enterprise platforms, eg Empower, Chromeleon, MetaXpress for HPLC, HTS, or phenotypic / HCS (high content screening), as well as exposure to LIMS or electronic notebook systems, eg IDBS;
- Experience with troubleshooting Windows or Mac issues would be an advantage;
- A degree in computer science, life sciences or equivalent, with higher degrees (MSc / PhD) preferred.
Candidates with experience coding in statistical software, eg R or Jupyter, are at an advantage, as are those with:
- JSON or API experience;
- Container management, eg Docker, exposure
- IoT (internet of things) experience
What you'll get in return
An excellent opportunity to make a significant impact within a prestigious global pharmaceutical company, the chance to make a significant impact on the company's R&D efforts through supporting their teams, a great corporate atmosphere, and a fantastic salary and benefits package.
You'll also be joining the company as they continue to grow, so there will be chances to further develop and advance your career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me on 0203 465 0057.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77522344