Project Manager -Tooling (Aerospace)
Project Manager (Tooling)
A Project Manager with Tooling experience is required to work on a six-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Preston.
This is a 6-month contract with a leading UK manufacturing company.
Overview of the Project Manager (Tooling) contract role
My client is currently seeking a Project Manager with Tooling experience to work within our team managing technical projects within our extremely busy Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing & Tooling department. You will be required to manage projects critical to the business for a range of clients. This will involve managing both internal and external stakeholders to understand & report on technical requirements on a range Aerospace engineering projects. You will then be responsible for project managing teams of engineers and designers, stress engineers, Manufacturing Engineers and other Aerospace specialists to ensure the requirement is delivered on time and to the highest standards.
- Responsibility for the efficient management and delivery of projects in terms of timescale, budgetary and technical performance.
- Reporting to the relevant Manager as appropriate, by way of the project review meetings, on the progress of project in terms of timescale, technical matters and budget.
- Liaison with the client.
- Liaison with project Technical Lead Engineers to ensure that adequate staff, of the appropriate disciplines are allocated to the project to ensure specified timescale and quality standards are achieved.
- Identification of potential variations to contract at an early stage and, where agreed with the respective Manager, to issue variation notices to the customer.
- Liaison with sub-contractors where appropriate.
- Assessing and documenting the risks on the project and for monitoring the implementation of the mitigation actions where these have been defined.
- Ensure the incorporation of the Company's Quality Assurance Policies in any work undertaken on the project. In particular, there is a requirement to be fully conversant with the requirements of the Company's Business Processes Manual and applicable Work Instructions.
Key skills required for the Project Manager (Tooling)
- Will have a proven track record within a similar Project Management position.
- Ideally within the Aerospace industry.
- Consultancy environment in similar engineering service environments.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Excel & Microsoft Project.
If you are a Project Manager with Tooling experience looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a 'one-stop shop' to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77507291