IT Service Desk Analyst - 12 month contract
Arcadis are recruiting for technically qualified and experienced IT Service Desk Analyst to join our IT service desk in Manchester for a fixed term contract of 12 months
You will provide support as required from our central Manchester Office.
The Arcadis Service Desk / 1st Line Support Team are the initial point of contact for all IT queries for Arcadis IT Users (our customers). The Service Desk / 1st Line Support Team resources work in a highly motivated and professional teams, and are tasked to provide and deliver a professional service to all of our customers on a daily basis, providing both call logging, prioritisation and categorisation of all Incidents and management of Service Requests.
Arcadis is a Windows based environment, using a mix of standard Office toolsets (including O365 Pro Plus) and specialised third party and bespoke internal system and applications to deliver its IT services. Arcadis is in the process of implementing new Global Oracle ERP systems which will be delivered to over 40 offices across 20 countries in Asia, Europe, Middle East and UK (EMEUK), Latin America and the USA supporting a growing user base of approximately 27,000 Users.
Where possible, we aim to deliver First Call Resolution for all Incidents (i.e. to resolve Incidents within a given timescale, before assigning them to a different support team). To achieve this, the team members have to be both experienced in Customer Service and also be technically proficient and able to resolve and manage IT incidents as they are reported.
The Service Desk / 1st Line Support Team resources also manage all IT Requests most of which are scheduled planned events, such as New Starter/Leaver tasks which are managed in slower time, but delivered to agreed deadlines with the Business.
The Arcadis Desktop environment in EMEUK is predominantly based on Dell Desktops and Laptops running Microsoft Windows 7 and MS Office 2010.Globally, Arcadis also runs Microsoft System Centre and BMCs Remedyforce which has enabled Arcadis to implement Global Enterprise Systems support systems to enable remote access and the automation of tasks (e.g. SCCM), and Arcadis also uses Remedyforce as a Global system for Incident logging, tracking and reporting provide a standard approach to delivering a quantifiable service to the Business.
To ensure all roles and tasks are supported and covered, you will have to be able to work in a Team environment and be willing and able to work and provide support outside of normal hours for some of your working time in our Manchester Office.
Dimensions of the role
The Arcadis IT Service Desk and Service Analyst role, is the first point of contact for the Arcadis Business for all IT related issues. We are implementing new ERP systems and require Contractor support during the rollout phase and the role provides;
Management of Incidents and Requests logged via Phone, Email or Remedyforce Self Service Portal
Incident Management ? the logging, resolution and escalation of user based technical issues relating to all hardware, software, systems and services deployed across the group.
Major Incident Management ? Ensuring Major Incidents are escalated to Arcadis Management and then provides updates to the Incident until resolved
Service Request Management ? the management and implementation of planned tasks requested by the Business to agreed timescales.
- Represents IT to the Business, as first point of contact and provides a single point of contact for Users to initiate IT requests or assistance
- Records, categorises and prioritises all Phone Calls, emails and Service Requests into an Incident tracking system providing First Contact Resolution where possible
- Ensures the ticket is assigned to the correct resolution queue to manage if First Contact Resolution is not achievable
- Monitors, assigns and escalates all Incident/Request according to agreed Service Levels
- Ensures User satisfaction in every step of the management of an Incident assigned to 1st Line support
- Diplomatically encourages users to follow procedure and avoid temptation to walk up and demand immediate support ? and ensuring that all Incidents are logged regardless
- Behaves professionally and courteously at all times
- Keeps Users updated on status and progress of Incident/Requests where requested
- Produces performance metrics as required
- Occasionally travels to other offices to gain greater interaction and understanding with other helpdesk team members
- Builds-up an understanding of Arcadis Business for 1st Line and constant reviewing where additional value can be added to the IT support process
- Is pro-active in helping to resolve User issues
- Uses self-awareness to identify areas of weakness and seek to build these up either through working more closely with colleagues who are strong in these areas or requesting appropriate training
- Demonstrates a willingness to offer this same support to others in areas where you are strong
- Participates actively and constructively in team meetings ? your thoughts and ideas will influence what we do.
Competent English Language skills (both Verbal and Written Level)
- Basic Active Directory Account Administration e.g. password resets
- Basic troubleshooting of common IT software products
- Experience within a Helpdesk role (6 months - 1 year) is essential
- Good customer service skills
- Understanding of ITIL to Foundation Level and Microsoft Certified levels
- Understanding of ERP systems would be an advantage
- A good understanding of call management and the confidence to adequately escalate issues
- Confident of their technical skills and should be able to think on their feet
- Ability to liaise with staff and customers at varying levels within the business
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Understanding, both technically and with empathy
- Equally happy and effective working as part of a team or working alone and unsupervised.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understand SLA's and acknowledge a good experience of working to these in previous roles.
Education and Training
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a hands-on customer facing support role
- Experience supporting Microsoft O/S - Windows 7/ Windows 8.1 Office 2010/13/365, Outlook 2010/365, Active Directory User Administration and Microsoft certification preferred.
- Microsoft O/S - Windows 7/ Windows 8.1 Office2010/13/365 ? moving to Windows 10 and Office 2016, Outlook 2010/365 Pro Plus
- Basic understanding of SCCM 2012
- ITIL foundation certified
- Dell PC/Laptop hardware
- Microsoft O/S - Windows 7/ Windows 8.1 Office 2010/13/365 ? moving to Windows 10 and Office 2016, Outlook 2010/365 Pro Plus
- Mobile device, iOS, Android
- SCCM 2012
- Security ? MS Forefront Endpoint Protection and Blue Coat
- Tools - Remote desktop / Team Viewer / Microsoft tools
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate ?3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959482806