Our client, a world-class research organisation based in South Oxfordshire, are currently recruiting for a Web Developer to join their team.
This role works within a group of IT, data and science specialists, and will interact more widely with scientists across the organisation on a daily basis. There are opportunities for overseas travel to engage with end-users to develop requirements.
They are looking for expert web developers who are passionate about web interfaces and developing new and better ways to deliver data, who wants to apply their skills to make a difference to the world through environmental science.
There will be opportunities to work on different aspects of the software stack, lead and manage staff and projects, and develop your own ideas and specialisms in delivering environmental science and data at a world-class research organisation.
- A good degree in a numerate subject, preferably a Masters, with significant computing content
- Good communication skills
- An interest in the natural environment, and helping people to understand it through data
- Experience of backend design and development, particularly in Python using frameworks such as Django or Pyramid, and a desire to learn more
- Experience of data visualisation using libraries such as D3.js, Leaflet and OpenLayers
- Experience of leading engagement with end-users to gather and develop requirements for UIs
- Experience of version control (git) and best practices for continuous software development
- Knowledge of mapping technologies, or GIS
This client is committed to development, and there are opportunities for career progression and development.
This is a full-time position working Monday - Friday, 9am - 5.30pm.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77504624