IT Infrastructure Engineer
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join one of the UK's leading IT providers.
As an IT Infrastructure Engineer you will be part of a highly skilled team in a very busy environment and will provide on-going maintenance and development of the Data Centers and the associated core infrastructure and networks.
You will be a vital line of escalation for complex problems and will take active part in a range of projects including new customer builds and installs.
You will be required to work independently, be resourceful and show particular attention to detail. Therefore, you must have an aptitude to learn, develop and adapt as circumstances or technologies change.
- To provide support to 1st, 2nd and 3rd line/problem engineers and training where necessary
- To take ownership and responsibility for diagnosing, solving and managing complex issues
- Maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting server and data center infrastructure
- Windows Server 2008/2012 administration/configuration
- Practical understanding of Active Directory
- Networking - TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Experience with the implementation and configuration of enhanced monitoring
- Experience with VMWare, Citrix, Hyper-V
Desirable Skills (not essential)
- Citrix Accredited
- Microsoft Accredited
- VMware Accredited
- SAN Storage
- Exchange 2013
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77519365