DevOps Engineer – Swindon
Salary £44,000 - £55,000
If you are a DevOps Engineer looking for a new role then, fingers crossed, this might be the role for you. This is a key role within a technology-focussed team, with the successful candidate being required to define, implement, manage and maintain the hosting environments working with suppliers and other stakeholders as applicable to ensure fit for service architecture/processes are delivered.
This role is a really interesting position, with plenty of room for growth
The company have great facilities, a modern, well equipped office and a super friendly working culture.
There’s also free parking, 30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 3 privilege days, a generous pension scheme and a good bonus structure!
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Define, implement, manage and maintain the hosting environments required to support the strategic objectives for platforms and hosting
- Working with suppliers and other stakeholders as necessary to ensure fit for service architecture and processes are implemented
- Operational management of infrastructure and applications
- Building and configuring new server platforms and infrastructure, using automated tooling to do so
- Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems
- Supporting development teams configuring applications for deployment
- Assessing the DevOps maturity of the organisation and identifying/implementing improvements as applicable
- Identification and development of resources to establish a sustainable internal capability for long term DevOps and hosting needs
This is an outline description of the key responsibilities and accountabilities involved in the job. It is not exhaustive and may be revised from time to time.
- Educated to Degree-level qualification within a computer engineering subject or equivalent experience
- CESG certified professional (IA Architect) is desirable
- Substantial experience in System Administration
- Substantial experience in public cloud implementations - creation of and migration to
- Understanding of application deployment strategies and continuous integration
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with third party suppliers and employees
- Project delivery in both Agile (DSDM and Scrum) and Waterfall environments
- Securely Deploying and configuring machines in a Cloud environment
- Experience of containerisation, ideally using Docker_
- Experience of using automated environment build tooling e.g. Terraform for Infrastructure as Code and Ansible for Configuration Management
- Experience of building infrastructure within the AWS cloud using AWS technologies such as lambda, s3, ec2, iam, ebs, elastic beanstalk, route53, ses, rds, elasticache, autoscaling, loadbalancers, vpc_
- Experience of continuous integration tooling, ideally using Bamboo / Jenkins__
- Working knowledge of Vagrant/Virtualbox and CoreOS
- Understanding of common web application architectures_
- Strong linux system administration skills, predominantly in CentOS and RHEL with skills in networking / routing / load balancing and VPN configuration
- Experience debugging a complex multi¬server service_
- Installation and management of COTS/open source monitoring tools such as CoScale, Nagios, New Relic, OSSEC, ELK_
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, RedHat OpenShift and GlusterFS
- Familiarity with network protocols ¬ TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc._
- Strong scripting and language skills i.e. Ruby, Bash, Python, Java_
- Working experience of databases, such as Oracle/PL¬SQL, SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- Working experience of other software such as Jira, Confluence, Stash, Nexus, Artifactory, SonarQube
GB Solutions are a leading employment agency for jobs in Gloucestershire and beyond. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for candidates and clients.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77504713